FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: THE BIG D.  (Read 52907 times)

wiredstone

Re: THE BIG D.
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2012, 08:57 PM »
Shad are in heavy now. First time out for me ,and what a blast it was.
wooo fish on. Never mind

River Nut

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2012, 07:20 AM »
Shad are in heavy now. First time out for me ,and what a blast it was.

What were the water conditions?

wiredstone

« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2012, 07:30 AM »
River is at normal flow and is murky. Gold and chartruse seem to be the ticket. I was using a green and white shad dart with a yellow and silver flutter spoon. Guys with gold where doing a little better. Shad are all over the river right now. Water temp is in the low 50's
wooo fish on. Never mind

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2012, 12:41 PM »
I was out on thursday evening and the river was running a littl higher than normal and had about two foot or less visibility.  I was up beteen NY and PA.  there was a rediculous hatch comming off and everything was active.  My first cast with a green n chartruse dart produced a buck an then about five minutes later i got a roe on the same dart.  for the rest of the night it was steady swing and misses.  I never even had to run a spoon.  we seen several shad coming up and surfacing right in front of us. 

I think I probably had a dozen or so bites and hooked 4 and lost 2 in about 2 hours. 

good day to be out not to hot and not to cold and the fish were biting. 

River is at normal flow and is murky. Gold and chartruse seem to be the ticket. I was using a green and white shad dart with a yellow and silver flutter spoon. Guys with gold where doing a little better. Shad are all over the river right now. Water temp is in the low 50's

Im glad the river came down a little bit .  I wish it would clear up a little bit. 

wiredstone

« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2012, 06:16 PM »
Today they hit silver for me. I like a dart &spoon combo. Gets them every time. What a blat. Ran into some nice guys today. My wife hung out in a chair and watched. Now that is a moters day. ;D

wooo fish on. Never mind

fishgalore

« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2012, 04:45 AM »
Today they hit silver for me. I like a dart &spoon combo. Gets them every time. What a blat. Ran into some nice guys today. My wife hung out in a chair and watched. Now that is a moters day. ;D

We got out April 15th and landed 6 big Roe. We were 6-10 and also landed a nice smalley. All were on darts or f spoons, color didn't matter. We fished above the Belvidere launch. Once we marked fish and anchored it was game on for a pretty steady 3 hrs of action while still trolling (sitting still).

wiredstone

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2012, 05:12 PM »
Sometimes you can get them on anything other times they are picky. I ran into some guys coming back from where I was and they said it was slow. They where using gold.
 I went down there with silver and smashed them. You never know. They are a great fighting fish for sure. Good practice for steelie season from shore. ;D This rain should move them around .
wooo fish on. Never mind

choo choo

« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2012, 05:50 AM »
Sometimes you can get them on anything other times they are picky. I ran into some guys coming back from where I was and they said it was slow. They where using gold.
 I went down there with silver and smashed them. You never know. They are a great fighting fish for sure. Good practice for steelie season from shore. ;D This rain should move them around .
Yes they sure can be picky...i had real good days using a black/white dart...the old "skunk" dart we called it. It would outfish everything else sometimes.
I'm fishing my way through life .

wiredstone

« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2012, 04:26 PM »
River went up 7'. Those fish will be on the move north now. ::)
wooo fish on. Never mind

mschott

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2012, 08:37 PM »
they will be dodging lots of debris that's for sure !

The Reel Deal

• Early Worm Gets The Lunker
« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2012, 10:40 PM »
That is the biggest shad I have ever seen, congrats!! Great Fish!

fishgalore

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2012, 05:42 PM »
Down already @ Belvidere to 25300 cfs and the GH is 3' lower too!  http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nj/nwis/uv/?site_no=01446500&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060

wiredstone

« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2012, 06:23 PM »
Should be good for the weekend ;D
wooo fish on. Never mind

wiredstone

« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2012, 05:19 PM »
Went up to the 84 bridge Sunday. Few shad around but very sunny and slow. I hooked into something strange. :o

I think it was a Navy Seal ::) lol

I released him unharmed to swim another day ;D

wooo fish on. Never mind

lehigh vally

« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2012, 05:21 PM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.