FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: another bruce lake report  (Read 2595 times)

fishersofmen

another bruce lake report
« on: Apr 21, 2004, 04:10 PM »
went to bruce lake again as lake mich woulda been rough today....we hit a few nice gillls in the muck/reeds in very shallow canals/inlets....tried the main lake area w/o much luck...one nice crappie suspended 6 ft in 12 ft water...tried the docks w/o success....hit the canal on n/e area and did best there....caught  many more small gills today than nice ones....steve

turkeyhunter10ga

Re: another bruce lake report
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 08:54 AM »
Where exactly is Bruce Lake , i want to try it someday after reading somewhere about the DNR stocking musky in there .

fishersofmen

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 10:08 PM »
head into winamac....take rt 14 east about 5 miles or so....you will see a sign saying bruce lake/access....go left (north)...first stop sign , go right...take first left follow around cabins and w/in a mile you will see access sign...go rt...on the right across from whities bait (who is a total grouch...don't bother to ask him for tips...even if you buy bait from him...like i did...i will never buy from that guy again)

FishinDog

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 01:10 PM »
Yes no one ever told the old man that people skills help return business.  My first trip there I can remember him bi*thing about how the non-residents were catching all the bass out....  I am with you fisherofmen this is one angler that will not frequent his store again.

Last year I caught a 14" musky on a shallow runner there, but haven't seen or heard of anyone getting a large one.

Tightlines,
FishinDog...

Powerworm

• There's One!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 04:37 PM »
The year class from the original stocking should be near the legal limit (36") or larger by now. I fished Bruce last August with a guy who was pre-fishing for a grassroots bass tournament. He was throwing rubber worms and Baby-ones and I was throwing powerworms and Musky lures. My worm and his crankbait accounted for the only two fish (12", 15" Bass) we saw all day. Does anyone know if they continued to stock Muskys after 1997. I can't find any info on the matter. Same with Palestine. I did here of a thirty something incher being hooked there (palestine) this spring.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.