FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wabash river condition report  (Read 5443 times)

hookitNcookit

Re: Wabash river condition report
« Reply #30 on: Aug 28, 2019, 07:16 PM »
I have a question that kinda pertains to the subject so I figure id ask. I was fishing the kankakee river where the low river has exposed a nice sand bar. Was told by the guy that owned the land on the bank that whenever the water exposes land he owns it even if its the middle of the river. We had words then worked it out but I think thats a bunch if bs even if he is right, which he may very well be. He told me to call the county and i did but nobody had an answer for me. Anybody got one here?

bigr

« Reply #31 on: Aug 29, 2019, 05:15 AM »
He more than likely does own the land unless his deed excludes the footage under the water and clearly stats the exception. It's his right as the land owner to post the property from anyone setting a foot on the land. he can not stop you from fishing the water as long as your not anchored or attached or touching the ground. He does own the trees the rocks and anything that's naturally there.

Spooled85

« Reply #32 on: Aug 29, 2019, 11:31 AM »
I run into this alot duck hunting, I was told by a DNR officer that if you are on a navigational water water way . You can take your boat anywhere where there is water that is connected to what your on. Even if a private woods overflows with water and you can get your boat in there or canoe it is legal to go onto it as long as you are not touching the bottom. For example even if your decoys are touching the bottom you are now trespassing. Also I hunt a lake in LaPorte county and I have run into this problem also. If someone owns 20 feet of private beach and the water rises and now he has five feet of private beach he still owns what's under the water you are not allowed to touch it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.