FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Recreational Pass  (Read 2657 times)

princecraft

Recreational Pass
« on: Aug 31, 2019, 06:03 PM »
For all you Indiana guys that fish Michigan lakes like I do, Did you know that you will be charged $33.00 starting next january to launch your boats in Michigan lakes.  I have fished a few lakes in the last 4 weeks in Michigan that they have already installed the signs saying recreational pass needed to launch boat.  After raising the non-resident license from 43.00 to 76.00 and now having to have a non-resident recreational pass to launch your boats in Michigan.  I was told that if the DNR comes to the launch site and doesn't see the sticker on your vehicle you will get a ticket for the 33.00 it cost to get one. 

fishinpo1e1

Re: Recreational Pass
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2019, 09:51 PM »

After the state of Michigan raised their non resident license to unreasonable levels and after having been accosted by deviant DNR personnel, and after receiving an apology from the top legal guy in the DNR but not from the offender, I just said F it and stopped going into Michigan for recreational fishing. And ya know what? I don't miss it because I discovered a lot of good fishing closer to home.
I don't know what this years Michigan theme is to prospective tourists but the DNR counteracts their efforts. Stick it where the sun don't shine Michigan!

fishcrazy

« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2019, 06:36 AM »
More Michigan for me. Thanks

Hexagenia51

« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2019, 07:12 AM »
What really pisses me off is, I own a property up there and pay out the butt in taxes "like a resident" . Then they charge me the nonresident fee to hunt and fish! They pulled this crap the year after I bought my place. The license more or less doubled and I don't see any improvement in the hunting or fishing. If anything it may have slipped some to the worse! May have to talk to the reality lady! Later Hex

MC_angler

« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2019, 08:15 AM »
They've been required for quite some time but not enforced I believe

FYI the recreational passport also allows access to every single state park and a lot of other state land.

Yes, it's steep if you only go to Michigan once or twice.

If you go more though it's a fantastic value. Hard to beat access to every state park and boat launch for only 33 bucks per year

princecraft

« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2019, 02:51 PM »
Just heard you will now be charged to park at a access if you are there to ice fish.

wallin

« Reply #6 on: Sep 01, 2019, 10:13 PM »
If I launch out of N.B. will I be required or only at the DNR ramps?
Wallin

Hexagenia51

« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2019, 08:58 AM »
Next thing will be pay toilets! LOL. And they wouldn't be cheap! Hex

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2019, 09:12 AM »
I fish the UP couple times a year. Only launch on water I fish is at State Park for $10 a launch so I have bought Recreational Pass ever since they came out. Launch and take out as many times as you like. Plus as was mentioned, gets you in any state park in state. How much does it cost to enter State Parks in Indiana and/ or launch?
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2019, 09:30 AM »
Just looked up Indiana State Park Fees: $50 annual State Park Permit. $25 for Golden Senior Permit. Does not cover launching fees, which is additional $25. As for Michigan charging to launch at any site is pretty sucky!!!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Hexagenia51

« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2019, 09:38 AM »
Chain-O-Lakes Park doesn't charge for entering or ice fishing in the winter!  Hex

wallin

« Reply #11 on: Sep 03, 2019, 02:18 PM »
How many DNR ramps are not in Parks that we don't have to pay for?
Our launch permits are only required for the State Parks pretty much not every ramp.
And its $76 for a out of state license in Mich at this time.
Wallin

icecleate

« Reply #12 on: Sep 03, 2019, 02:32 PM »
All the ramps we use in the U.P. are DNR ramps and they are not in state parks. Not sure about how many DNR ramps there are in the lower.

natahka72

« Reply #13 on: Sep 03, 2019, 03:44 PM »
How many DNR ramps are not in Parks that we don't have to pay for?
Our launch permits are only required for the State Parks pretty much not every ramp.
And its $76 for a out of state license in Mich at this time.

I found a map on the MDNR site that had the location of all the DNR maintained ramps. That was about 3 weeks ago, so I don't remember exactly where I found it. It was a good number of ramps, though. I can try and find it again.

natahka72

« Reply #14 on: Sep 03, 2019, 03:59 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.