FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: MN Bound  (Read 3253 times)

bigr

MN Bound
« on: Sep 09, 2019, 08:44 AM »
Heading up to our familiar location on the portage chain of lakes just east of Backus. We always do well on pan fish bass and pike but no walleyes what so ever. The lakes on the chain are small and easy to read which is what we really like about them. I could use some help with a smaller lake or a precise location on a larger lake in the area. I'm not really interested in hunting down walleye but as long as it wont take days to find the spots or fish I may give it a try. New locations are always tough as you all know. Thanks for any suggestions. We'll be leaving on the 20th. 

Teacherpreacher

Re: MN Bound
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2019, 07:50 AM »
Bigr,
You should be about loaded up to head for MN.
Safe travels and good luck!
Hope you get some good fish. Color should be amping up!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Hexagenia51

« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2019, 09:33 AM »
Never fished in Mn, so all I can do is wish you safe travel and good luck fishing, like Teach. Might check google or the Mn site of fishfinder. Later Hex

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2019, 02:28 PM »
Hex you coming out with the fly rod next month? Think of the trout you caught last year but they have been able to grow another year.  ;)
Here's one you caught and sent me a picture of.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Hexagenia51

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2019, 10:36 AM »
Sure, that was fun! Just let me know when you're ready to harvest those beasts. Later Hex

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2019, 05:04 PM »
Sure, that was fun! Just let me know when you're ready to harvest those beasts. Later Hex

I'll call you. Should be about the middle of October but depends on the daily temps. Might hold out a little longer if daytime highs stay above normal, as a couple of weeks can be another half inch and half a pound.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bigr

« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2019, 08:48 AM »
We had a very good trip. Fishing was as good as we've had in years. Great weather all week and some color on the birch around the lakes. 11lb pike,5lb8oz lg mth bass,15oz gil, 1lb 10oz crappie, 13 in perch were our big fish. No walleye. Caught what we wanted when we wanted. Didn't have to work real hard and we didn't really fish hard either. We eat and drank too much which lead to a good nap everyday. I came back refreshed and ready to hit our local lakes for the fall bite.

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2019, 12:50 PM »
congrats sounds like fun.

RoeBoat

« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2019, 08:03 PM »
Sounds like a great trip!

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2019, 08:55 AM »
Great you had a good  trip!
Nothing like the north woods !!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2019, 02:05 PM »
Good to hear BigR!

Spooled85

« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2019, 07:30 AM »
Lmao , it's crazy we can remember things like that but I can't remember what the wife told me to do last night  ;D

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Oct 18, 2019, 09:07 AM »
Lmao , it's crazy we can remember things like that but I can't remember what the wife told me to do last night  ;D

My wife gives me a very bad look when I say, "I don't remember you telling me that!"

And I honestly don't!

Spooled85

« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2019, 02:33 PM »
My wife gives me a very bad look when I say, "I don't remember you telling me that!"

And I honestly don't!

Lol I hear ya , my wife is in the hearing aid business . So I don't get away with saying I DIDN'T HEAR You hahahaha

abishop

« Reply #14 on: Oct 18, 2019, 02:36 PM »
My wife has been telling me that I need hearing aids for years now. I just cant seem to get the idea that I need to spend 5 to 8 grand to hear her botch at me LOL.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.