FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 3 colorado state record bluegills  (Read 15133 times)

TroutFishingBear

3 colorado state record bluegills
« on: Sep 20, 2004, 05:40 PM »
Caught all these on sep. 11 the other day. I always catch gills this big or bigger at this lake, and lots of em.

This is for all you skeptics who called me liars mostly, keep in mind I could go and get bigger ones and more of them, at least until icefishing. This was 3 state records in only 1 slow day of fishing!

Well, photobucket isn't responding now, so I will be posting in just abit when it is.

TroutFishingBear

Re: 3 colorado state record bluegills
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2004, 07:44 PM »
here's one I caught on a 5" white senko. It is a state record 2lbs slightly over 8 oz

[/img]

here's one my dad caught. He caught it on a large swimbait I didn't catch it, but it is still a state record, it was 2 lbs. 6 oz
[/img]

here's one that hit the scales at 2 lbs. 5 oz. Caught it on a 5" dark green senko so you get the perspective
[/img]

enjoy skeptics!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2004, 07:45 PM »

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2004, 07:49 PM »
nice gills man!
-cole

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2004, 07:50 PM »
nice gills man!

That's what I've been saying all along!

perchfisher

• waitin' for a bite
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2004, 07:52 PM »
how deep down can u see that water it looks so clear in the pic
-cole

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2004, 07:54 PM »
About 9 ft. of visibility, maybe more. The big bluegills are tough to catch there, you really have to fool-em good! Generally you come up on a school of 10 2 pounders, but if they see you they run away. Luckily there is a ton of brush around the lake and if you cast out and your presentation is just right, they will smash it!

The bass fishing is also fantastic in this lake, even though they aren't very big (12-14" average with tons of small shrimpy ones mixed in) . 30 largemouth days are the norm!

The Rocket

« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2004, 08:28 PM »
TFB,  You are the MAN. You and I gotta hook up! I havn't cought a Bulegill all year.
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2004, 08:37 PM »
About 9 ft. of visibility, maybe more. The big bluegills are tough to catch there, you really have to fool-em good! Generally you come up on a school of 10 2 pounders, but if they see you they run away. Luckily there is a ton of brush around the lake and if you cast out and your presentation is just right, they will smash it!

The bass fishing is also fantastic in this lake, even though they aren't very big (12-14" average with tons of small shrimpy ones mixed in) . 30 largemouth days are the norm!

The gills are probaly feeding on the bass. Now that would be a new world order!
FM
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2004, 10:08 PM »

The gills are probaly feeding on the bass. Now that would be a new world order!
FM

Those poor bass just are no match! I feel sorry for em'

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #10 on: Sep 21, 2004, 07:14 AM »
Those are some slob gills TFB!  Keep us informed if (or should I say when) you get in the record books.  Nic pics.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #11 on: Sep 30, 2004, 10:09 PM »
still haven't heard from CDOW yet. Man mail is slow! I can't wait!

trapperdirk

« Reply #12 on: Oct 12, 2004, 08:07 PM »
Well I guess without a tape measure or scale in the pic I've now joined the skeptics TFB . :-\ Even in our fun tourney on Ontario Forum we require it bud .  :-\ I enjoyed the pics though so keep them coming . Congrats on the records .

TD
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #13 on: Oct 12, 2004, 11:04 PM »
That's cool dirk, next year when I can fish that lake and catch the bluegills again ( around mid may) I will post some pics with a tape measure next to the bluegills. You can find out that my lengths are accurate but it would take a long time of zoomed in computer examination based on known lengths in the photo.

trapperdirk

« Reply #14 on: Oct 13, 2004, 04:37 AM »
Yes TFB and some species are harder to judge then others especially when your talking panfish where an inch here and there can make a big difference . I've also took pics where inexperience comes into play with a camera and the pics don't do the animal or fish true justice as to size . Also here and in many places in order for live release records a tape measure must be used along with two witnesses to certify the fish . We even use it on our fun tourney for bragging rights here on the Ontario Forum . Even there we did some razzing about it when somebody forgot to bring their tape along so what we did then was to break off a stick or mark its length off and laid it beside fish and took the pic with the fish then retook pic of stick with tape when we got home . Even rod can be used as a comparison but I reccommend to you not to bust it . LOL ;D
  I'm not here to dispute your claims and I don't think anybody else wishes too but it would sure simplify things for you and all of us because many of us have fished for many years and tend to be more skeptical because we ourselves have had a rude awakening or two when a fish was actually weighed or measured as to their true size . I consider myself to be reasonably accurate once I can see their length with a tape or something to compare too . I even used a fox laid down beside a walleye to show the size of a big girl .
  So keep those lines tight TFB and keep enjoying your fishing and try to remember pic with tape or something and show us older feeble eyed lads that were wrong . Next May is cool by me but I know your still fishing so keep them pics a coming because as you see from Reuben's latest exploits big or small we still have fun viewing them all . ;D

TD
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.