FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 3 colorado state record bluegills  (Read 15130 times)

rendo

Re: 3 colorado state record bluegills
« Reply #30 on: Apr 25, 2005, 07:19 PM »

Isnt it funny you catch three state record gills but the record holder has a 2lb 4oz 11 1/2 inch bluegill
thinking  fishing!!
Be safe!Fish On!

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2005, 09:27 PM »
These are catch and release records. The CDOW is still certifying his catch and release record. You can't get the official state record for released fish, and this lake is catch and release.

Tyler

rendo

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2005, 07:42 PM »

If that is the case then these fish are master angler fish and not state record fish
thinking  fishing!!
Be safe!Fish On!

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2005, 05:15 PM »
And I have a master angler for it...the master angler list, if the fish was released and bigger than any released one before, will be a released fish record, thus, they are state records. Just in a different category. Read... jeez.  Go to the colorado division of wildlife website to learn more. Hopefully they will update the released records soon, last year they did it on may 21st I believe.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Here's the master angler award, that when updated, will be the new catch and release record.
[/img]

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2005, 07:38 PM »
Well, I think that pretty much settles everything. Nice fish Torin. ;)

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2005, 10:50 PM »
Thats a nice looking certificate you got there and some huge gills. Wish NJ would have C&R records (especially for pike and muskies) but they don't....yet anyways.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

Fishingking

« Reply #37 on: Jun 04, 2005, 09:42 PM »
Quote from: TroutFishingBear on Jun 03, 2005, 02:46 AM
That's a nice gill shrub, very nice! Especially for new york state, I've noticed most of the pictures of new york bluegill's are very skinny on the bottom, and not round compared to the ones here out west. That one looks like it came from here though. That is a bull bluegill for sure!

Thanks t.f.b and by the way im from Vermont, we get some good ones up here, espeically out of the Connecticut  River, this one came out of the Hunts Medows wich is a set back of the C.T the average for me out of there is around 8 inches
sorry, thought you were from new york. I have heard tales of the connecticut river bluegill from 2 people now on this site.

I couldnt help to notice your comment about New York State bluegill I didnt want to be rude and post my reply to your comment on Shrubs picture deal  so i dont know what pics u look at but most of the gills i catch here in NYS are round the ones i was cathcing today looked bigger then they actually were  because they were so round i measured the biggest looking one i caught and it was only 8" long but it was completely round (no Joke) and if u ever get to see the pumpkinseeds from Onieda Lake they are Completely round as well
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #38 on: Jun 07, 2005, 01:48 PM »
I know you guys have some sweet bluegill and your fishing is better than ours but no bluegill compare in girth to the ones from this lake. Their backs are as thick as a king james bible and they are as round as a dinner plate. Lol sorry if I was a little rude I'm just proud I have one thing better than new york fisheries. You guys have better everything else. BTW we don't have pumpkinseeds :P ;)

troop19

« Reply #39 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:00 PM »
Nice bull Gills

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.