MFF US Northeast > Connecticut

Gardners

(1/1)

bug-chazer:
Was at the camper at Gardners today and decided to go fishing from shore for bluegills. Couldnt get a bluegill but did get a 8" walleye. On the ultra lite he fought fairly good. Good sign

tunaking:
Gary - all you need to do now is change the 8" to 8# Ha, Ha I have been striper fishing a little and lobstering but not doing well on either. They are coming out of shed now so it should pick up in the next few weeks. My son got a 25 pound striper the other day but we fished long and hard for the few we caught. Seals are everywhere and they appear to be cleaning out the ocean! I hope to spend some nights on the ice with you this winter looking for Walter. Good luck until then.

bug-chazer:
Looking forward to ice. Hate seals , ruined my favorite blackfish spots last year.Hope lobstering picks up.

imsafanct:
I've been to Gardner 4 times this year so far. The first two times were a couple months ago in a friend's boat and we fished up in the North end and we scored a few largemouth, a pickerel and a small smallmouth.

I fished Gardner solo in my yak this past Saturday and again on Monday the 4th. Saturday was not fun with the wind, though I had a few hits/misses around the island. Monday was a much better day as there was very little wind. I fished around the island again in an attempt to get more familiar with my Helix 5 and gain some deeper water experience. I fished around 20 fow, mostly throwing a drop-shot. I caught a bunch of nice-sized bluegills and a couple small largemouth. Not a home run of a day on the catch front but awesome just the same having become comfortable fishing/catching in deeper water.

I'll be back again soon, trying for walleye and or smallmouth. I'm looking forward to it.

-Eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version