FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BOBBERS  (Read 2238 times)

abishop

BOBBERS
« on: Jun 17, 2020, 01:03 PM »
Does anyone know the brand of bobber that has a widened tip for easy to see fellas. I love these cause they are easy to see. For people like me who are blind in 1 eye and can't see in the other. I usually got from Butch's Bait, but, she is sold out. I haven't been able to find them anywhere. Cabela's, Bass Pro, even Walmart. They are universal cause you can use them as a slip of permanent float. The only flaw is that they seem to break VERY  easily. Does anyone know the brand or a place where you can buy them. I also looked in internet and e-bay. NOTHING.... PLEASE HELP.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: BOBBERS
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2020, 01:13 PM »
Got a picture of one? I have about every kind of bobber known to man.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2020, 01:18 PM »
Got a picture of one? I have about every kind of bobber known to man.

Rg
Wish I did, sorry.

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2020, 01:33 PM »
Found out they are made by Carlise. Checked web page and they weren't coming up....

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Are these them?

gilldan

« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2020, 02:44 PM »
Are they like a Carlise slip bobber that he is showing you but the have round ball on the top.  Maybe 3/8" diameter.  Painted bright yellow or Flour. Red?  I have seen some blue but they don't show up as well.  I have found them at Ye Olde Tackle Box N. Webster and Bozarth at Salamonie.  Good luck.

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2020, 03:31 PM »
Are they like a Carlise slip bobber that he is showing you but the have round ball on the top.  Maybe 3/8" diameter.  Painted bright yellow or Flour. Red?  I have seen some blue but they don't show up as well.  I have found them at Ye Olde Tackle Box N. Webster and Bozarth at Salamonie.  Good luck.
Yes, that sounds like the one. Big red on tippy top

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2020, 09:04 AM »
Al,
Not the bobber you are looking for but take a look at these. I have been using them for years and they last for ever. Not cheap but good! Go to Search and type in The Everlasting Slip Bobber.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

bammer

« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2020, 03:35 PM »
Might try grizzly jig company

panfish fran

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2020, 05:22 PM »
I think I know where you can find what you want.  I'm what you guys would call a lurker, but I'm 88 years old and pretty harmless.
I have a boat but pretty much fish off the bank at local pits. As my user name indicates bluegills and crappies mare my main targets.
Back to the question at hand.  A few years back I bought some of the bobbers you described .  I looked up the website and it appears
to me that they still sell them.  Go to   tackle haven.com   and search for  Stan's Slip Bobber #52ADB.  Hope these are what you want.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #10 on: Jun 19, 2020, 08:12 AM »
I think I know where you can find what you want.  I'm what you guys would call a lurker, but I'm 88 years old and pretty harmless.
I have a boat but pretty much fish off the bank at local pits. As my user name indicates bluegills and crappies mare my main targets.
Back to the question at hand.  A few years back I bought some of the bobbers you described .  I looked up the website and it appears
to me that they still sell them.  Go to   tackle haven.com   and search for  Stan's Slip Bobber #52ADB.  Hope these are what you want.
Don't know if that's what he had in mind but it's a great looking product line!!  Thanks for posting it!!
https://www.tacklehaven.com/stans-slip-bobbers-with-removable-metal-bottom-size-52adb-choose-your-color/
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

Hermdog

• lets go fishing, YEA BABY YEAAA
« Reply #11 on: Jun 21, 2020, 09:03 AM »
Carlisle Bigtops

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.