FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pretty Good Day Considering  (Read 632 times)

bogtrotter

Pretty Good Day Considering
« on: Jul 25, 2021, 06:40 PM »
A week or so ago, I offered to take the newly posted pastor at my church fishing (his first time in 15 years) on the South Hoosic.

Due to our mutual scheduling constraints, we picked today.

Unfortunately, although it had stopped raining (and was just mostly overcast and about 70 degrees) by the time I picked him up around 11 AM , a heavy downpour earlier in the morning resulted in "elevated stream levels" (and rather buggy conditions) that made fishing (and wading) a good bit harder than it would ordinarily be.

We started a little below Church Street in Cheshire, and over the next five hours worked our way downstream to the Old Stone Mill in Adams - - while doubling back to my car as needed to drive further downstream to "leap frog" past some of the less productive stretches.

Despite the somewhat adverse stream conditions, we did reasonably well - - landing a brown (which he kept for dinner) and three rainbows between us. 

Nothing huge - - all of the fish were in the 11" to 13" range, but they fought pretty well, and the strong current magnified the resistance they put up.

Then it was homeward bound for me - - where I had a cookout (lamb chop, ramp kimchi, boiled red potatoes, a bowl of green soup and a Guiness) for dinner.

westernmas

Re: Pretty Good Day Considering
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2021, 08:20 AM »
Nice work Jim.  Way to stay on them in less than favorable conditions.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Pretty Good Day Considering
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2021, 07:38 AM »
Nice work, Jim!
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com