FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing in Japan  (Read 52802 times)

niru_04

Re: Fishing in Japan
« Reply #120 on: Oct 24, 2017, 06:24 PM »
taxid-san,

That's right!
The nuclear reactor building of the nuclear power plant exploded and the radioactivity caught up to Fukushima city where I live.
There are places where residents still can not live because of radiation, but they are returning little by little.
Also, the sea has been contaminated with radioactivity, but now it has been purified and is returning to the front.
Some rivers are also polluted and still can not be fished.
I had a terrible experience at all!
It was the hardest time for me to have a time when I could not fish. :'(
Also, at the time of the tsunami, the American army helped us as "Operation Tomodachi "
Thank you, everyone in the United States!

I'm a Japanese fisherman.

niru_04

« Reply #121 on: Nov 26, 2017, 01:49 AM »
I went smelt fishing on Hibara Lake on Saturday.
Smelt fishing is very popular in Japan and before ice fishing season we fish smelt on dome boat.
The charge is about $ 35 a day.

filetandrelease

« Reply #122 on: Nov 26, 2017, 05:01 AM »

Very nice smelt House,here men and women use small shacks or portables for smelt  , many people here are also still using their boats no ice here yet to fish  , Thanks for sharing pictures

niru_04

« Reply #123 on: Nov 26, 2017, 05:57 AM »
> filetandrelease-san
Thank you. I can't wait for the lake to freeze.
It's after 50 days in the year here.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #124 on: Nov 26, 2017, 07:11 AM »
That looks like a good time...  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #125 on: Nov 26, 2017, 08:09 AM »
That is very cool!  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

zwiggles

« Reply #126 on: Nov 26, 2017, 08:19 AM »
That is very neat!

niru_04

« Reply #127 on: Nov 26, 2017, 02:22 PM »
>Raquettedacker-san
>fishnmachine-san
>zwiggles-san

Thank you.
If you have the opportunity to travel to Japan, it is one of the experiences I would definitely recommend.
It's very interesting.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #128 on: Nov 26, 2017, 04:37 PM »
Looks like you have a lot of snow...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

niru_04

« Reply #129 on: Nov 26, 2017, 09:22 PM »
>dacker-san
On Saturday snow was 20 inches! This is one of the places where the most snow falls in Japan.

jacksmelt

« Reply #130 on: Nov 27, 2017, 12:01 PM »
thats a nice setup you have over there. I'm getting my ice shack ready to put out. the lake i put it on opens january 1st. most of our smaller lakes are frozen about 10cm or so right now. i live at the northern border with canada, in Maine. it gets occasionally -40c. if you want to fish smelts you have to have a warm shack here. we also have landlocked salmon. brook trout and lake trout. are rainbow smelts a introduced species in japan?
PARADISE IS A 5LB. SALMON ON A 5WT. FLYROD!!

fishin4eyes

« Reply #131 on: Nov 27, 2017, 02:13 PM »
That's a pretty cool way to fish. Floating house. Could get served a meal in that one

taxid

« Reply #132 on: Nov 27, 2017, 02:44 PM »
Niru_04,

Do you know what genus species your smelt are? Are they a native smelt or were they introduced? Our inland smelt here are the genus species Osmerus mordax known as Rainbow Smelt.

Thank you!

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

zwiggles

« Reply #133 on: Nov 27, 2017, 03:10 PM »
Rainbow smelt are distributed throughout the world are they not? Pretty sure they were only introduced to inland lakes such as the Great Lakes. I thiught they existed naturally in both the Atlantic and pacific oceans in the colder climates, so I’m assuming they are native.

niru_04

« Reply #134 on: Nov 27, 2017, 03:55 PM »
>jacksmelt-san
Thank you. Soon it will become the ice fishing season. This lake freezes at the beginning of January, and at the beginning of March it becomes ice (ice crowned with snow falling on the surface of water) thicker than 1 m. The picture was posted to iceshantycom last year. Rainbow trout and Brown trout are transplanted to Japan, but Brown trout seems to have a bad influence on native species, in particular.

>fishin4eyes-san
Thank you. In Japan it is very popular to catch smelt in a large boat floating on a lake. There are also heating and comfortable, some people make it a date place.

>taxd-san
Thank you. Smelt in Japan is saying Hypomesus nipponensis, it seems to be distributed in the Okhotsk Sea coast, partly in California State, centering on the northern half of Japan. Especially the discharging business is thriving and more than 100 million eggs are released to this lake every year. It is slightly different from the American Osmerus mordax, even if it grows its size is as small as 5-6 inches.

>zwiggles-san
Thank you. Rainbow smelt seems to diffuse throughout the world, but it is not transplanted to Japan. Essential species are cherished, and it is released to the domestic lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.