FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Winni trolling/stream pics update  (Read 1884 times)

zwiggles

Winni trolling/stream pics update
« on: Sep 28, 2020, 02:20 PM »
I have this week off, and finally got out again on Winni with Digs this morning. It was a beautiful day, and the rain just stayed away enough to keep us dry.

I hadn’t fished the big lake for salmon at all this year in comparison to others, but started out at the popular spot and saw a bunch of boats.... got a small laker on lead, and had a miss on the river in the first hour. Then I missed a few more on the riggers, and eventually we got another laker around rattle/broads, and a small salmon. Kept searching and eventually found some active fish which resulted in a nice fat laker and decent rainbow for Digs.

All in all a great day not to be working, and I’ll be going out again in the morning with my dad. Wednesday looks like a wash, but if it’s not pouring I’ll go for the last day I think.

Good luck to anyone else who gets out. Once I’m done trolling Winni I’ll concentrate in the rivers and ponds for the next two weeks, including another trip with an MFF member I’m pumped about, and then it’s time for getting serious about archery and deer season. I love this time of year.

Steve H.

Re: Winni trolling
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2020, 03:11 PM »
Nice report.  Good that you got out!
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

bikrsrule

« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2020, 05:50 PM »
Thanks for the report, too bad I have to work or else I would be out there trolling the last days of the winnie season, good luck on your next outing..

Digs

« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2020, 10:01 PM »
Had a lot of fun today. Thanks for the tips on trolling and the boat ride.

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2020, 07:12 AM »
Good stuff guys.

zwiggles

« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2020, 02:54 PM »
Thanks guys, and Digs it was my pleasure happy to show you what I “know”.

Today I was up again around first light with a friend and my father. The fishing just sucked. I got o r laker when I was changing the depth on a rigger and that was it. Changed all kinds of lures, rods, lines depths etc. Nada. We saw numerous fish come up to our rigger presentations and just turn around and refuse it 10’ away.

We jigged a bunch after 10am, and same.  Follows but no bites. The only active lakers we found were in 50’, but we marked thousands over 100’, and all they would do is give it a look o the drop.

I was surprised not to find a thermocline anywhere on the lake, but with 65 degree surface temps everywhere I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Even in the 190’ hole it went from 65 to 53 and there where no large jumps or consistent areas of temp. We threw the kitchen sink at em, and even got refused on my fly rod when fish where smashing bait it bugs in the surface in the middle of the broads.

We did enjoy some fantastic weather for the end of September and also a great boat ride. I got to scout a bunch of spots for ice fishing and found some good new structure in a few areas.

zwiggles

Re: Winni trolling/stream fishing pics
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2020, 07:15 PM »
The fish wouldn’t cooperate in the lake, but I have had some luck in the moving water!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Winni trolling/stream pics update
« Reply #7 on: Oct 07, 2020, 06:38 AM »
Awesome! Keep at it.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.