FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What was your 2020 personal best fish and on what lure/bait?  (Read 4586 times)

Rapala7G

Mine was a 6-2 LMB caught on a #5 Rapala Shad Rap, natural finish.

What was yours?

jibbs

Re: What was your 2020 personal best fish and on what lure/bait?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2020, 05:28 AM »
That’s sounds like a great looking bass ..I caught a number of 5 lb largies and a few 4 lb smallies but my kicker was in Feb of 2020..a 6.11 largie on a live shiner through the ice ..congrats on the big 6.2
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

fishinator

« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2020, 06:53 AM »
I just started salmon and trout fishing this year. 9lb steelhead, 8.5lb lake trout and 20" coho.  All my personal bests and all caught on a  orange or silver Brad's thin fish.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2020, 07:32 AM »
I'm still working on it....notable fish include lakers to 15lbs, a tiger musky on the fly, a few wild trout over 20"...nothing crazy.  Weekend before last I lost a tiger musky that was close to 17-18lbs. 

Roccus

« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2020, 08:12 AM »
 48 lb, 52" long striped bass... I had a few others close to that size that I  released boat side with out removing them form the water... caught in the Merrimack river on a live eel.

Steve H.

« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2020, 01:44 PM »
Nothing too crazy but I got a couple largemouth bass that were between 4.5-5 lbs. One on a chartreuse Strike King spinnerbait and the other on a Rapala Skitter Walk spook-type bait.  I also got a 4+ brown trout trolling a perch pattern Rapala on leadcore line.  All of these fish were caught this fall. 
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

westernmas

« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2020, 03:40 PM »
I didn't have any personal best's in 2020.  I got a handful of smallies that broker the 4lb mark on a mix of jerkbaits and senkos.  My largest freshwater fish is prob a 14lb pike but that came through the ice on a dead sucker.  I did however get a couple of nice wild browns on mouse flies.  I'd say thats prob my highlight of the year, SO FAR.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bassin212

« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2020, 05:11 PM »
I caught my PB Laker through the ice in Canada as well as Cusk/Burbot and first ever white fish! All in March. Lure should give you a hint to where I was fishing..... all on a Meegs

Steve H.

« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2020, 06:52 PM »
I caught my PB Laker through the ice in Canada as well as Cusk/Burbot and first ever white fish! All in March. Lure should give you a hint to where I was fishing..... all on a Meegs

Wow, that cusk is amazing.  Love the laker and whitefish too.  Whitefish is on my bucket list but the camp I want to visit requires snow machines in the winter.  http://www.rosslakecamps.com/fishing.htm

Maybe someday.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

bassin212

« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2020, 07:04 PM »
Wow, that cusk is amazing.  Love the laker and whitefish too.  Whitefish is on my bucket list but the camp I want to visit requires snow machines in the winter.  http://www.rosslakecamps.com/fishing.htm

Maybe someday.

I did a trip to Ross a couple years ago. That was when Don and Andrea Lavoie were there. Awesome time! The Whitefish fishing is very hit or miss. Lake Trout fishing is phenomenal and brookies are pretty good too. Cusk fishing is like clock work once the sun gets low and you jig bottom. I know the old owners could pick you up if you really needed it, not sure about the new ownership though. It’s a wild ride and a whole different world over there though. Loved it. Extremely remote. Nosaj over on ice shanty used to do a group trip every year, not sure when the last time he went was.

Dirt23

« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2020, 05:34 AM »
That’s sounds like a great looking bass ..I caught a number of 5 lb largies and a few 4 lb smallies but my kicker was in Feb of 2020..a 6.11 largie on a live shiner through the ice ..congrats on the big 6.2
. Funny February was hot for bass for me also 6.1 large mouth on Hali jig tipped with perch eyes on 36 inch ultralight

lowaccord66

« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2020, 09:36 AM »
I am envious of that laker.  I caught a few that big open water this year but can't seem to break 35" through the ice.  I got them to eat very large baits.

lowaccord66

« Reply #12 on: Nov 06, 2020, 09:42 AM »
I didn't have any personal best's in 2020.  I got a handful of smallies that broker the 4lb mark on a mix of jerkbaits and senkos.  My largest freshwater fish is prob a 14lb pike but that came through the ice on a dead sucker.  I did however get a couple of nice wild browns on mouse flies.  I'd say thats prob my highlight of the year, SO FAR.

I thought this one you caught was great.

JDK

« Reply #13 on: Nov 06, 2020, 10:52 AM »
Not NH but I spent June mainly muskie fishing.  Ended up with 19 fish, 11 over 40 inches and the biggest at 44.  Mostly on stickbaits and gliders but a few on in-line spinners.

I (we) also had 4 native brookies over 3 1/2 pounds with the biggest at 4 1/2  All on spoons.  All but one released but we did eat a good number of sub-3 pound trout. 8)

We also had 4 salmon over 7 pounds this year.  All on spoons.   All bigger fish released and a number of smaller ones were fried. ;D

Caught one togue this year...one..  On a stickbait.

I guess if pinned down, the fish I'm most proud of (personal best??) would be the 44 inch muskie.
# SAND

Rapala7G

« Reply #14 on: Nov 06, 2020, 11:16 AM »
Keep it coming guys! 

It doesn’t matter where you caught them!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.