FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: be on the look out for....  (Read 3806 times)

teamtwosticks

be on the look out for....
« on: May 11, 2008, 12:22 PM »
a few years ago i found a lure while fishing in a river.  it looks like a zara spook but instead of the two treble hooks it had two hooks running along the sides making it weedless.  lost it when my line broke last year.  i cant seem to find a replacement for it either.  anyone seen something like this?  if so where?!?

kerosenecounty17

Re: be on the look out for....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 09:13 PM »
Is this a soft, hollow rubber bait?  If so, it's called a ghost.  I'm not sure, but I think Heddon makes them.  I did a quick Google search and can't find anything on it.  I've got 1 or 2 in the tackle box.  They're not a bad lure, but I've had a lot of problems with getting good hook-ups with them.  If you can't find them let me know.  I know I saw them at the local Fleet Farm not long ago and I can take a closer look at the package next time and get you some more info.  If you're looking for them, check the top-water bass bait section of the tackle store.  They're usually mixed in with the moss-bosses and those lure types.

kc17

teamtwosticks

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 09:07 AM »
yes it is soft and hollow!  i have looked all over for them but now having a name it mght help a little more.  thank you.  any info you or anyone can find on them would be great.  thanks again.

NoGood

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 09:53 PM »
I did a little research, the "ghost" fishing lure was produced by Mann's. I searched that site and couldn't find it. However, I located it here.

http://www.sovereignsuperbaits.co.uk/Lures/Weedless/Hollow_Baits/hollow_baits.html

Also here is the link to the Mann's site,I may have overlooked it.

http://www.mannsbait.com/store_index.html

teamtwosticks

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 08:28 AM »
thats the one! thank you.  its weird though how it is still carried across the pond but not here in the states.  oh well i will be ordering them anyway.  great to use in weedy lakes and lillies, but also anytime that you would use a spook.  i found that filling the body with water and lettting it sink also weed lines was deadly just as well.  great lure, thank you once again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.