FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Asian Carp  (Read 3577 times)

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
Re: Asian Carp
« Reply #15 on: Sep 13, 2006, 09:03 AM »
I'm surprised the ethics police aren't all over this thread.
care for a warm up?

Official authority on the Kraken

The "Habitual Offender" of the MIRC - I need a clear glass plate

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 13, 2006, 02:07 PM »
pikemaster..i have seen something simular about that...they did a blind taste test with tuna(not canned but the fillets and such) catfish and common carp...common carp won hands down...when they did the same test with the names displayed..tuna won in a huge land slide...most the people in the blind test  guessed that the carp was "cod" or "whitefish"...it actually looked good batterd white and flacky...but ill take your guys word for it.

Yes its thats similar to the test they did. Its probably all phsycological, when they know what thier eating.

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #17 on: Sep 13, 2006, 06:29 PM »
I'm surprised the ethics police aren't all over this thread.

Who cares, they are exotic! If ethics are in question, we better leave the milfoil and lampreys alone too!

All I care is that dead fish don't get dumped on the beach or at the launch :sick:

BLAST AWAY!!

If they taste like cod, I definitely have some room in my freezer! ;D

walleye1

« Reply #18 on: Sep 14, 2006, 12:55 PM »
Anybody catch that episode of "Gettin Close" with Lee & Tiffany on the outdoor channel where they went bowfishing for these things on the Mississippi in Illinois? There are actually outfitters down there that take you out in a boat and run maybe 10mph and you shoot these things as they jump. It's pretty funny to watch. They make you wear a helmet and everything. lol

I saw that show but don't remember a whole lot about it. I got kind of distracted once Tiffany got down to her bikini top. ;) ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.