FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Poll

What Type/Brand of Line do you perfer? or use the Most?

Trilene
Vanish
FireLine
PowerPro
P-Line
Suffix
Stren
Bass Pro XPS
ShakeSpear
SpiderWire
Seaguar
Yo-Zuri Hybrid
Other

Author Topic: The Line Brand Poll  (Read 6587 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
The Line Brand Poll
« on: Apr 26, 2006, 10:53 AM »
The Line choices are gettin crazy out there, I think I have hit most of the Mainstream lines, and you could even narrow it down from there...I think Trilene has like 4-5 off shoots, same as Shakespear.

But let us know what line you like the most, and why...what is your all purpose line. Becuase we all fish different species and conditions, I have left this poll open to 2 votes...So if you cant chose 1, hopefully you cant chose 2.

Big Burk

Re: The Line Brand Poll
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2006, 02:52 AM »
i use triline 10lb test for smaller fish and 20lb test spiderwire for larger fish

Fishingking

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2006, 07:14 AM »
Power Pro and Trilene but only put my vote in for Powerpro :) I like powerpro because it is soft and has no stretch and lasts for years. I have some stuff that is 3 years old. The Diameter is much smaller than the lb test its rated for, and you can cast really far. I fish it with a leader or without depending on the situation.

I use Trilene for pannies 2-6lb test :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2006, 08:46 AM »
Im a powerpro guy as well. I have used it for everything with luck, from panfish, trout, walley, bass and Pike. The stuff is great. Just re-spooled with the Yellow hi-vis and it's great stuff

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2006, 12:21 PM »
I run Ande trolling line, Seagar leaders, Fire line, power pro, and malin 1x7 stainless steel wire. 

reubenpa

« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2006, 07:51 PM »
I like Trilene but use vanish aso but favorite is Tectan Premium Plus
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #6 on: Jul 06, 2006, 03:22 PM »
Im surprised at the outcome of this poll.....Trilene came out on top.?

I had given up on trilene years ago, I just dont feel it has kept up with the other lines on the market. Maybe it;s better then I remember?

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2006, 03:25 PM »
I had given up on trilene years ago, I just dont feel it has kept up with the other lines on the market.

kept up? I will always consider Trilene #1 amoung the big name monos.  XL is very limp, very strong, and very thin.  XT is strong, iron tough stuff.  Between those two, you just can't go wrong.

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2006, 03:34 PM »
Trilene XL -- standard mono for spinning reels
Suffix Elite -- baitcasters, the thicker diameter seems to help my spastic casting
Power Pro -- my only braid. Sorry spider guys, I tried it and I'll never convert
Stren Magnathin -- only in 2-4 # test for pannies and trout, improved casting distance
Vanish -- building fly leaders for clear water  Also, pike leaders for tip-ups, thanks to lessons learned on IS
Tuff line dacron -- muskie/flathead rods

Then there's the copper and wire rods for Lake Michigan.

I could never choose only 2 ;)

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

King Fisher

• Born to FISH forced to WORK!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 06, 2006, 04:11 PM »
There should be a Trilene poll for sure!!  That would be neat to see, can someone set one up? 8)

MasterAngler

« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2006, 08:31 PM »
30-50 lb spiderwire stealth on my baitcasters for big pike.  Fireline 15-20lb and ironsilk 6lb on spinning reels. Fireline is nice and smooth for spinning reels and I like the ironsilk mono even though it feels thicker than regular mono of the same lb, it has almost no memory.
Seven days without fishing, makes one weak.

grumpymoe

« Reply #11 on: Jul 06, 2006, 08:38 PM »
20# Spiderwire Stealth on the baitcaster...if I were going for Muskie I would up that to 80#.....mono....Stren original or blue    noticed a post on Magnathin....that stuff considering its made by my favourite Stren is absolute JUNK...if that stuff was on sale for a nickel a spool, I still wouldnt buy it....just my opinion.....Trilene...tried many and I dont plan on wasting any of my money on any more....really suprised its way up there.....Grump

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #12 on: Jul 06, 2006, 10:15 PM »
rilene...tried many and I dont plan on wasting any of my money on any more....really suprised its way up there.....Grump

thats funny, it's exactly how I feel about stren  ;D

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #13 on: Jul 07, 2006, 08:39 AM »
20# Spiderwire Stealth on the baitcaster...if I were going for Muskie I would up that to 80#.....mono....Stren original or blue    noticed a post on Magnathin....that stuff considering its made by my favourite Stren is absolute JUNK...if that stuff was on sale for a nickel a spool, I still wouldnt buy it....just my opinion.....Trilene...tried many and I dont plan on wasting any of my money on any more....really suprised its way up there.....Grump

Geeze Grump, between the Spiderwire/Power Pro and the Magnathin we'll never have to fight over the last spool at a tackle shop. ;D  Oh well, to each his own.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #14 on: Jul 07, 2006, 06:08 PM »
here are my current set-ups

Spinning UL............2lb P-line (left over from Ice Out)
Spinning Lite..........10lb PowerPro...(my fav line)
Spinning Heavy......20lb SpiderWire (good line, but does note have Powerpro's casting ability)

Casting (worm rod) 20lb Fireline (smoke)
Casting (spinnerbait rod) 10lb Cajun Red (have not tried it yet)
Casting (Misc) Berkley Vanish....JUNK...I have yet to strip it from last year so this rod has had not use this season

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.