FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carrot Stix??  (Read 3807 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Carrot Stix??
« on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:31 PM »
Ok, guys, I have yet to see one of these things but a local bait shop owner is giving me the sales pitch...anyone seen or better yet used one of these rods?

Im in the market for a new rod and as a shimano guy I was looking at there new line the Cumara..but this guy is going on about how they outperform the higher end rods..

I have not seen one in my neck of the woods how about you guys

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageE21SPIN-E21CGCS.html

OTIS

Re: Carrot Stix??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2008, 12:16 PM »
I've read a little about these in the Cabelas catalog.  Their prices are much better than those of the link you posted.  In my opinion, for the price of these rods I would much rather buy a St. Croix or G. Loomis.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2008, 03:01 PM »
I have now held one of these babies in my hand and will be ordering one for sure...they weigh 3oz and seem pretty durable. I held it up against a shimano Crucial (my normal rod) and the new Quantum rods and it is much lighter....I dont like the hook keeper as it looks like it also may be a line keeper and may snag you up...the eyes are also only single wrapped...i guess it helps keep the weight down but the extra support is nice

anyone seen one yet?

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2008, 02:40 PM »
I held on these as long as I could..but i finally made a purchase, for those who have not held one in there hands, they are super lite and feel very strong...I catn wait to get one on the water

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2008, 02:57 PM »
buy an ugly stik lite. it will outlast anything out there! ;D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.