FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bassjunky's 2009 Equipment Purchase list  (Read 4455 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Bassjunky's 2009 Equipment Purchase list
« on: Feb 18, 2009, 09:18 PM »
As usual I like to get a jump on the new equipment purchases so I dont run into any backorder or out of stock issues when the season finally rolls around

The New Carrot stix hit the shelves in my area today..bought two last season and was impressed, this year they seem even better, i can see another one in my future

This stuff, Im told was a winner at icast, looks interesting and the price was right, so I decided to give it a try, it leaves a red scent trail when used in a tube jig

I also picked up a couple jigs, again good off season prices and the colour was a hard ind last season so I grabbed a few

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: Bassjunky's 2009 Equipment Purchase list
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2009, 06:03 PM »
Stopped by a small out of the way shop this weekend and was surprised to see these little guys on the shelf

they are mini scum frogs with a 12inch leader between them, never seen them befor so I had to give em a try

I also grabbed some Yum dingers, this was my fav colour last season and the one before that...but i ran out mid season last year and they were no where to be found

Last but not least a little somthing the wife grabbed off the shelf, she picks one bait 4 years ago that lande me a personal best and now every season she picks out a lure or to that I just must have

grubdropper

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2009, 05:46 AM »
Good pre-spring shopping.  I bought a few packs of those same color Yum Dingers too.  I never tried them before.  What was your favorite way to rig and fish them?  Do you think they are as good as the Senkos?  They look very similar to the Senkos.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2009, 06:18 AM »
I dont use Senko's any more, both the Yum Dinger and the Wave worm Tikki stik hold up much better then the senko's by yammy. for this colour I like to wacky rig them, but texas works well too

grubdropper

« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:23 AM »
Thanks for the Tip, I plan in giving them a try for River Smallmouths and small lke Largemouths.

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Cabelas has rods for 20$. Those carrot Stix sure are nice but carry a heavy price tag.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2009, 12:38 PM »
the price is not to bad, it is atleast $50 cheaper then similar (and some times inferior) rods made by Quantum, Shimano and St.Croix. ..this is my third and I love them

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2009, 06:54 PM »
My first BPS order of the year came in, a few small additions to start

The BPS stalker bag, holds much more then my old one, very impressed with the amount of room for gadgets

Im not a fireline guy, more of a powerpro guy, but i though this looked interesting, already strung it ip on my pitching rod for throwing worms in the slop

I also found some new crappie jigs, I noticed in the cataloque a pic of Wally Marshall using these guys but no where could i find them for sale in the book, but i found them on line, pretty excited about hitting the water with them

Rozycki

« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2009, 03:12 PM »
Now that is not a bad start at all.  I just keep going to the store and looking and looking and looking.  It my first year with a boat so it opens up alot ;D

btechvft70

« Reply #9 on: Mar 08, 2009, 03:59 PM »
I just bought two new stradics this morning

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.