FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Battery Chargers  (Read 3369 times)

rondog

Battery Chargers
« on: Sep 01, 2008, 07:04 AM »
I have been looking at a battery charger that chargers both your 24v bank and your 12v crank while you are underway with an option that plugs into your trailering electrical harness that charges your batteries while trailering.It claims  to recharge your trolling bank that you have used for about an hour by running your main engine for about 10 minutes and will fully recharge the 24v and 12v system while you are trailering in a little over 2 hours.The cost of the system is under $300.00 and can be installed in about an hour.The underway unit is mounted in the boat and the trailering system plugs into a seven pin plug to your vehicle, the rest is running wires through your boat. All the connections are pre made.
I have a friend who is an electrical engineer and he thinks that the fast  high rate of input will shorten the life of the batteries .
  What do you think ?

rondog

Re: Battery Chargers
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2008, 11:33 AM »
       Helpful answer!

pete_fish

« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2008, 09:56 PM »
ya I recomend the use of good trickle chargers...hes right

Mainehazmt

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2008, 06:27 AM »
All the seven way plugs have a hot 12 volt line available in themsome you just need to hook up under the hood when I have my camper traveling down the road it provides battery charging to the onboard battery

# Color Gage Circuit Function connector interior
1 white 10 common ground 
2 blue 12 electric brake
3 green 14 tail/running lights
4 black 10 battery charge (+)
5 red 14 left turn/stop
6 brown 14 right turn/stop
7 yellow 14 auxiliary/back up
NOTE: #7 is the center terminal and currently is most commonly used for backup lights.

Im sure you can figure a way to hook it up to your boat    there is a 7 way to 4 way plug with a cig lighter plug that you could use too

I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

pete_fish

« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2008, 07:40 PM »
ya it takes an odball charger

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.