FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cape Cod Canal - 2018  (Read 52873 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Cape Cod Canal - 2018
« Reply #255 on: Jul 23, 2018, 11:38 AM »
I didnt actually.  I was kind of in shock that it happend.  He tried saying a couple of times that I was on the wrong side but shut up when my buddy told him to.  I told him I ended up on that side trying to avoid him. He ended up leaving pretty quickly after. 

Mike I didnt even get to see a mack!  Ive been keeping busy though:

Nice work Jon! I have so much fly tying gear and just have not dipped into it yet and need to. I keep getting requests for wine, sausage and kielbasa and that's where my "free" time has been going. Actually looking to get my son into daycare once or twice a week so I can have an extra work day just for that. Now we finally got rain and some gross humid weather so I am hoping I get some mushrooms in my neck of the woods. I have been craving a fresh bolete gravy for weeks now over my garden potatoes and fresh dill.

Somehow, all of my hobbies include work LOL  No wonder people say I am nutz.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #256 on: Jul 28, 2018, 02:39 PM »
Tonight is a decent night for some ditch.  StriperandSalmon you fishing tonight?  Hoping I dont have too much PTSD from the bike accident.   :-\

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #257 on: Jul 28, 2018, 05:24 PM »
wish i was there but cant make it. i had to go pick up a vehicle in nh and i cant make it down. the reports are not making it easier on me either.... i keep getting pictures of fish.

bogtrotter

« Reply #258 on: Jul 28, 2018, 05:51 PM »
. . . I keep getting requests for wine, sausage and kielbasa and that's where my "free" time has been going. . . .
Somehow, all of my hobbies include work LOL  No wonder people say I am nutz.

What types of wine do you make?

I'm curious as a fellow zymurgist. (Yes, that's a real world. Sorry, that's the effects of too many rounds of "Words with Friends" talking)

My wife and I make our own too . . . everything from grape to dandelion to raspberry to rhubarb to you name it.

We have our first carboy of currant working right now, and are hoping to make our first batch of mead (honey wine) this fall.

You also make your own kielbasa I see.  Would you care to move to the northern Berkshires? 

My adopted home town lost our last professional kielbasa-maker several years ago, and it hasn't been the same since.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #259 on: Jul 29, 2018, 07:48 AM »
bogtrotter,

All sorts of wine. From grape juice kits to everything that grows in the back yard. Right now I have 500ish bottles of wine that i am ready to sell and another 48 gallons that need to be racked, filtered and bottled. it never ends.

I also make mead. we have our own bees so honey is easy to get.

although the northern berks are beautiful they are just a bit too far from the ocean for me. I love my salt.

I do ship kielbasa and such as I have access to a shipper and dry ice...always an option.
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #260 on: Jul 29, 2018, 05:22 PM »
A few pictures.

Mead

Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #261 on: Jul 30, 2018, 05:28 AM »
wish i was there but cant make it. i had to go pick up a vehicle in nh and i cant make it down. the reports are not making it easier on me either.... i keep getting pictures of fish.

Didnt find the bass...just a lot of people fishing! 

Roccus

« Reply #262 on: Jul 30, 2018, 08:10 AM »
Didnt find the bass...just a lot of people fishing!
.. I've heard a lot of complaints about the people.. not the fishing,, sucks it wasn't good to you...you'll find 'em when the crowds/easy fishing is over... I have faith!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #263 on: Jul 30, 2018, 08:17 AM »
Saturday will be my first go at the Canal......ever. I will only have an hour or two and I have no idea where to go, but I do have all week to do some homework and try to figure it out. I am also planning on hitting a few freshwater ponds and a spot for some blue shells.

Jon - Hopefully your next trip will be better, meaning less people and more fish. At least no one trampled you over this time.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #264 on: Jul 30, 2018, 08:47 AM »
I'm taking a break.  Its time to break out the drytop and walk around with a mesh bag full of eels.  I don't mind a lack of bite there when its not crowded but it has been like a circus lately.  Many different groups of people now.  I bet they didn't know the canal had bass until social media blew the place up.  Its all good though.  I'm sure the local businesses appareciate it. 

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #265 on: Jul 31, 2018, 06:19 AM »
"I also make mead. we have our own bees so honey is easy to get. "

I just started with bees this year. Got 2 hives. They are amazing to watch. Between the bees and the chickens
( well at least the chicken crap.) My garden is the best it has ever been.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #266 on: Jul 31, 2018, 06:24 AM »

I just started with bees this year. Got 2 hives. They are amazing to watch. Between the bees and the chickens

You bet! I have 9 hives and about 30 chickens. Best garden around for miles!
Wicked Wec

swamp hawgs

« Reply #267 on: Jul 31, 2018, 09:44 AM »

I LOVE MEAD.  i brought some home from Ireland, SOOOOO d**n GOOD!!! I gota get some more

lowaccord66

« Reply #268 on: Jul 31, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Canal...stripers...need some.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #269 on: Jul 31, 2018, 11:09 AM »
Canal...stripers...need some.
going to head down this weekend. Not too favorable morning tides so may keep the crowds away.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.