FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...  (Read 339890 times)

Ravo_Himself

Re: SALMON RIVER , SALMON AND STEELHEAD THREAD...
« Reply #1350 on: Oct 09, 2017, 08:09 AM »
Back to the real world. Landed a couple fish. Oswego was definitely slow. Not used to seeing it like that. There was a good amount of fish up in Altmar. I wish It had rained like this the week before. I love fishing the smaller streams. Oh well. Fun trip as always. See you guess next year
Every fisherman is a liar. Except for me of course!

-Ryan-

bigal409

« Reply #1351 on: Oct 10, 2017, 07:33 AM »
rope em and smoke em AL.... :thumbup_smilie:
[/quote
  Hey Trapper. I found a few that liked my flies. Had a good time. Started out weekend low in river and finished up weekend in lower fly zone.  ;D ;D

wallyworld

« Reply #1352 on: Oct 10, 2017, 03:12 PM »
Took a ride up to the hatchery this morning. They're in full swing with egg collection. Never seen salmon egg collection before, worth checking out.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1353 on: Oct 10, 2017, 04:03 PM »
That's always worth  a trip wally......
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

wallyworld

« Reply #1354 on: Oct 10, 2017, 05:11 PM »
Yes Raquette it is. Been to see the walleye stripped many times, never made it up to see the salmon before. Very different than the walleye procedure, very interesting indeed  ;)  I guess the steelhead procedure is done more like walleye except they are sedated with co2 first.  Going to try to catch that in the spring  ;D

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

zwiggles

« Reply #1356 on: Oct 11, 2017, 08:42 PM »
That is a great story Raquettedacker! Well at least the part about people taking the initiative to help clean up is. The trash not so much.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1357 on: Oct 12, 2017, 06:44 AM »
Great story!  I suggest  someone  with  facebook ( which I don't  have)  contact her and  ask her to  come to this thread and   add to it in her own  words! 

secondly   years ago the  drift  boat  capts  would   get together  do  down the  river   getting line  out and  picking  up trash ,it  was amazing how  much  line  the  pulled out  of the  river , does anyone  know if they still do  this?

you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bigal409

« Reply #1358 on: Oct 13, 2017, 05:30 AM »
Great story!  I suggest  someone  with  facebook ( which I don't  have)  contact her and  ask her to  come to this thread and   add to it in her own  words! 

secondly   years ago the  drift  boat  capts  would   get together  do  down the  river   getting line  out and  picking  up trash ,it  was amazing how  much  line  the  pulled out  of the  river , does anyone  know if they still do  this?
I pulled my share of line out last weekend. Some of it was even my own. At least I got some of my flies back.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #1359 on: Oct 13, 2017, 05:58 AM »
Well on my way home from Adams NY I stopped at a few streams ,  lots of guys out fishing and seen a few fish , also saw the GIGs  on south sandy yesterday

westernmas

« Reply #1360 on: Nov 14, 2017, 02:58 PM »
How's the steelhead fishing in the SR?  I'll be heading up Wednesday night to fish a long weekend.  Last I heard the water was high and the fishing was tough.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  I'll be using a fly rod.  Curious if I should be rigged up with sink tip or if a few nice sized split shots will do the trick.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

filetandrelease

« Reply #1361 on: Nov 15, 2017, 05:28 AM »

Westernmas give one of the shops a call
Salmon river sport shop 315-298-3434
Or all seasons 1-315-298-6433 hope this helps ,

westernmas

« Reply #1362 on: Nov 15, 2017, 09:47 AM »
Westernmas give one of the shops a call
Salmon river sport shop 315-298-3434
Or all seasons 1-315-298-6433 hope this helps ,

Thanks.  I'll stop in at one of the shops to get the lowdown.  I'm going up regardless.  Going to be darn cold.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

fla..redfish

• freedom isn't free/ god bless our troops
« Reply #1363 on: Nov 15, 2017, 11:27 AM »
goggle - salmon river fishing reports

fishshack

« Reply #1364 on: Nov 15, 2017, 11:42 AM »
You should have plenty of elbow room Sat and Sunday as A lot of guys will be in the woods for the Southern zone gun opener. Looks like the water is coming down so that should help ya. Good luck!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.