FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: War eagle / Lowe roughneck boats ...  (Read 3614 times)

Spooled85

War eagle / Lowe roughneck boats ...
« on: Sep 06, 2017, 04:43 AM »
I am in the market for a new boat . I will be buying either this winter or up coming spring . I'm interested in the name interested above . I am a big wet head and also love to fish and I haven't met anyone yet that has either with opinions good or bad on either . Plz put some input In on what ya think and thank you

taxid

Re: War eagle / Lowe roughneck boats ...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2017, 08:38 AM »
If I were to buy a new fishing boat it would be a Lund.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Daybreak

« Reply #2 on: Sep 06, 2017, 09:22 AM »
I don't know much about either one of them.  The War Eagle is pretty popular down south.  I believe the Lowe's are made in Missouri, or at least the headquarters are there.  I now own a Lund after 4 other previous brands.  I think they are great boats, but so are Alumacraft and Crestliners.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

Spooled85

« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2017, 09:34 AM »
I don't know much about either one of them.  The War Eagle is pretty popular down south.  I believe the Lowe's are made in Missouri, or at least the headquarters are there.  I now own a Lund after 4 other previous brands.  I think they are great boats, but so are Alumacraft and Crestliners.

Cabela's sells lund don't they ? Ya I've noticed the only dealer that has war eagles are in Tennessee Missouri and or Arkansas I haven't found a War Eagle dealer anywhere near me but I wouldn't mind taking a trip to Tennessee in the spring to visit and pick up a new boat ! I want a 20-footer to a 23 footer and I went to Bass Pro and they have just that but I don't like the layout of them and they are all Center Council I don't want to send her counsel it just gets in the way for duck hunting. I've been to a few dealers I like some of the lows and how they're laid out but Fay's Marina and Laporte said that they are doing away with their contract because they were told that low could build them a boat and four weeks and it's been taking for months so after the first of the year they were going to drop the low contract. But I have yet to go to Cabela's yet and look what they have

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2017, 01:43 PM »
From what I have heard a war eagle is a great boat to hunt waterfowl from. A buddy of mine won one at a du fund raiser. To bad he passed and it got sold.

Spooled85

« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2017, 03:14 PM »
From what I have heard a war eagle is a great boat to hunt waterfowl from. A buddy of mine won one at a du fund raiser. To bad he passed and it got sold.

Sorry to hear that , ya I've heard the same

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2017, 12:47 PM »
Have a buddy that has had a 151/2ft War eagle, camo, for 12 years, great boat, duck hunting and fishing.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Mac Attack

« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2017, 03:58 PM »
Cabela's sells lund don't they ?

I don't think so.
The Cabelas near me had a used Lund however.

They handle Ranger, Lowe, Alumicraft, and Duckworth.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/_/N-1118479

fishinpo1e1

« Reply #8 on: Sep 08, 2017, 09:38 PM »
You might consider a POLAR KRAFT made right here in Syracuse,IN.

Spooled85

« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2017, 11:30 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys I surely appreciate it. Choices choices  ???

Mac Attack

« Reply #10 on: Sep 10, 2017, 01:44 PM »
You might consider a POLAR KRAFT made right here in Syracuse,IN.

Very good boats for the money.

Spooled85

« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2017, 06:16 AM »
Very good boats for the money.

I will say I am impressed with the selection polar craft ass in hunting boats ! . Thank you

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Apr 19, 2018, 05:50 PM »
I will say I am impressed with the selection polar craft ass in hunting boats ! . Thank you

What's all the talk about polar craft ass?  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rivereddy

« Reply #13 on: Apr 19, 2018, 08:56 PM »
I have owned two Lowe boats and both have held up very well.  I sold my first one a 1448 flat bottomed Jonboat to get
money for a Lowe 16' tracker type hull with a 6 deg deadrise.  I have hunted waterfowl and fished out of it for over 20 years and see no reason to get another.  I can plane it with a 9.8 Tohatsu.  Dadgum Eagle Creek restrictions keep me from
popping a 20 on the transom.  For the record, I, too, have Lund envy but had to consider cost.Send PM if you wish

fish on,  Now if a 50's era Lund Ducker turned up.....fish off

rivereddy

Hankfan24

« Reply #14 on: Apr 20, 2018, 08:59 AM »
I've never owned a Lowe, so I can't give you an opinion, but I owned a war eagle at one point, and I will say it was a great boat. Their customer service was top shelf. Up at Saginaw Bay you'll see your fair share of camouflage war eagle boats that double as a walleye boat. They come with a hefty price tag, but for a combo fishing/hunting boat you won't be disappointed. Just my 2 cents.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.