FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The State Is Pick Pocketing Again  (Read 3938 times)

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
The State Is Pick Pocketing Again
« on: Sep 24, 2017, 07:05 PM »
Effective in April of next year, all guide renewals will require a criminal back ground check. Not a big deal but also you will be required to go to a specified located to have your fingerprints taken and will be assessed a fee, it doesn't say how much.

I have no problem seeing both new applications and renewals having a background check but the fingerprint deal isn't necessary.  Just another way to squeeze you a bit.>:( >:(
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

marabou

Re: The State Is Pick Pocketing Again
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2017, 07:26 PM »
Just another way of keeping tabs on you  idk?????

lobsterman

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2017, 05:33 AM »
i think the fingerprinting is treating us like we've already broken some law, its usually when you have done a crime that they fingerprint you. 

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2017, 07:16 AM »
Yaaaa.  Bob maybe you can get a discount on the finger printing.   ;D ;D ;D

MG39

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2017, 08:27 AM »
i think the fingerprinting is treating us like we've already broken some law, its usually when you have done a crime that they fingerprint you.

You're right!  What it's all about is trying to replace the money they lost for concealed weapon permits. I still keep mine but a lot of people didn't, which is a mistake, just imagine how many nuts there are out there running around carrying a gun. ??? The next move will be to require permits again and have to pay to go to a class, then pay again for the permit. If your time limit for renewal hasn't run out, stay with the permit.

The background check is fine, to make sure there aren't any felons out there.
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

MG39

« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2017, 08:29 AM »
Yaaaa.  Bob maybe you can get a discount on the finger printing.   ;D ;D ;D

Actually John, I'm waiting to see where the locations will be for the prints. If it's at the PD's, I might get a break. ;D
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2017, 08:48 AM »

Did you know the military and those going into the law profession have to be finger printed? Actually it may have been moved up to including DNA now.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

stripernut

« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2017, 08:49 AM »
Just curious? Has there been an "incident" with a guide for them to go to all this trouble?

Turnbuckle

« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2017, 09:00 AM »
Just curious? Has there been an "incident" with a guide for them to go to all this trouble?

I heard a client was unhappy to learn that the guided trip her kids went on was run by a convicted pediphile after the fact and it was raised to the warden service and it sparked legislation. I can't validate the accuracy of that, but it is what I was told by a guide.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

stripernut

« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2017, 10:04 AM »
I heard a client was unhappy to learn that the guided trip her kids went on was run by a convicted pediphile after the fact and it was raised to the warden service and it sparked legislation. I can't validate the accuracy of that, but it is what I was told by a guide.

If that is true, I can understand the regulation...

Baydog

« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2017, 05:46 AM »
A captain's license also requires finger printing, and I needed to go to Boston for that! Then the last time I renewed I had to get a TWIC(transportation worker's identification card) and had to be fingerprinted for that too!

woodchip1

« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2017, 05:57 AM »
I always thought that once an individual was finger printed it was good for life. than all one would have to do is show documentation .

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Sep 27, 2017, 07:37 AM »
A captain's license also requires finger printing, and I needed to go to Boston for that! Then the last time I renewed I had to get a TWIC(transportation worker's identification card) and had to be fingerprinted for that too!

Sounds like Massachusetts rivals the Germans with all their bureaucracy and permits.  :laugh:

Am looking to potentially retire in Massachusetts and continue to raise fish. Was overwhelmed by all the hoops I would have to jump through! At least four agencies to work with!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Williesnag

« Reply #13 on: Sep 27, 2017, 12:56 PM »

And you can still hold maritime endorsements and be a fellon

lobsterman

« Reply #14 on: Sep 28, 2017, 07:44 AM »
And you can still hold maritime endorsements and be a fellon
  someone has to work the sea its rough out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.