FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The State Is Pick Pocketing Again  (Read 3937 times)

taxid

Re: The State Is Pick Pocketing Again
« Reply #15 on: Sep 28, 2017, 08:54 AM »
  someone has to work the sea its rough out there.

Yup!   ;D

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 28, 2017, 10:36 AM »
Did you know the military and those going into the law profession have to be finger printed? Actually it may have been moved up to including DNA now.

Also if you work for any type of financial institution.

I've worked for two over the past two decades and both required finger printing (or being "bonded", as they call it).

I'd try to see what the "fee" will be just so I knew what to expect.
(Maybe you can claim the fee as a "business expense" on your taxes???)
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

Baydog

« Reply #17 on: Sep 29, 2017, 05:35 AM »
I will definitely write it off on my taxes.....

saltyshores

« Reply #18 on: Sep 29, 2017, 07:07 PM »
Effective in April of next year, all guide renewals will require a criminal back ground check. Not a big deal but also you will be required to go to a specified located to have your fingerprints taken and will be assessed a fee, it doesn't say how much.

I have no problem seeing both new applications and renewals having a background check but the fingerprint deal isn't necessary.  Just another way to squeeze you a bit.>:( >:(

Mrs. SaltyShores called Fish and Wildlife in Augusta this week to ask if prior fingerprints and background checks would satisfy them and they said, "no".
Then they told her that both fhe background check and the fingerprints would have to be done
every time you renewed the guide license.

chris458wm

« Reply #19 on: Sep 29, 2017, 08:25 PM »
Yup!   ;D

I wouldn't mind getting pick pocketed by that brunet.   :D

taxid

« Reply #20 on: Sep 30, 2017, 08:01 AM »
Uh huh!  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #21 on: Sep 30, 2017, 08:04 AM »
I wouldn't mind getting pick pocketed by that brunet.   :D

I used to be a substitute teacher while building my business. One rinky dink school insisted I get a second background check just after I got it for the other schools I subbed for. We're talking a few weeks! I refused and subbed for the other schools. I wasn't going to pay again for the same thing I did a few weeks before! Didn't like the school anyway. A lot of back stabbing etc.

Sinnian

« Reply #22 on: Oct 09, 2017, 12:19 PM »
Fingerprinting is part of the background check.  I had to do it to teach, both in NH and in ME.  Joked both times that I led a law abiding life, only to end up getting fingerprinted anyway.
Sometimes it's better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open you mouth and remove all doubt ~ Abe Lincoln
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument ~W McAdoo

joefishmore

« Reply #23 on: Oct 09, 2017, 02:58 PM »
When I was in grade school back in the 40s the state police came every year and fingerprinted all the 5th graders

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.