FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2 Brown’s  (Read 1383 times)

fish wayniac

2 Brown’s
« on: Oct 03, 2017, 06:09 PM »
Went out in sean’s boat on Sunday for a few hours. Really foggy start since the water was in the 60’s and air temp high 30’s. The fish were not very interested in our offerings. We found big bait balls of smelt on the fish finder. When the sun warmed up the surface fish were rising all arround us. They seemed to be sipping some kind of bugs. All I could see was water bugs. I wish I had a fly rod instead of trolling gear.We could of been casting since it was dead calm. We were trolling lures since it was after October 1. We managed 2 and was thinking we would of done better with the recent colder weather. Oh well still beats work.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Re: 2 Brown’s
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2017, 06:58 PM »
You've been putting quality browns on here, Wayne.   Flyrod would have been real interesting on fish that size ;D

Turnbuckle

« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2017, 07:31 PM »
Nice. Really calm. Haven't got a lot of days like that this year.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2017, 08:21 PM »
Solid fish, nice work!!
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2017, 09:13 PM »
very nice browns, Lakes & ponds look like a good option this fall with the rivers being stupidly low right now.  Do you think the fish you saw rising were definitely trout?

fish wayniac

« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2017, 05:31 AM »
very nice browns, Lakes & ponds look like a good option this fall with the rivers being stupidly low right now.  Do you think the fish you saw rising were definitely trout?
Randall, I’m not positive about the rises being all trout. We did see dorsal fins and splashes at times when they surfaced. When ice fishing on this pond have caught white and yellow perch. It could be them rising too! Next time I will bring a fly rod for back up when dragging lines isn’t producing.

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2017, 08:15 AM »
Nice browns Wayne. Good luck trying flies on those devils. My bow fishing spot was the same, bows all over the top, didn't want any lure offerings. I had brought my 5 wt. and threw everything I had at them with only one taker. What ever it was they were eating was a mystery to me, I couldn't see anything on the surface?  They were just "scooping" all over the place.

Just good to get out this time of year. I think I will try the stripers at least one more time. :)             
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

franklin fisher

« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2017, 06:19 AM »
  Nice ones.  At least you managed a couple fish when it was such a tough bite.  We went out Sunday morning also.  The fog was ridiculous.  Couldn't see five feet in either direction. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.