FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Agressive Brown's on the fly rod.  (Read 1937 times)

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
Agressive Brown's on the fly rod.
« on: Oct 09, 2017, 07:55 PM »
Fished the Kennebec River for another hour or so yesterday evening. Found some very aggressive Brown Trout that wanted to hit a fast moving dry fly. Picked up several quality fish, and lost several others. If you watch, hope you enjoy!!

https://youtu.be/9hfJNiu6-Ys

Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

MG39

• No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
Re: Agressive Brown's on the fly rod.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2017, 10:42 AM »
Amazing how low that water is, yet the fish seem to  be plentiful. Great job again on that video presentation.

I've always had luck with the grasshopper, fishing it sub surface. I would imagine those fish were feeding on  emerging pupae, but hard to tell what on releasing, unless they spit up what they were eating.

You're right about a color change on the fish. I see "tightlines" has been getting colorful fish.
Man To Man Is So Unjust,
No Man Knows, Which Man To Trust,
I Have trusted Many, To My Sorrow,
Pay Cash Today, And I Will Trust Tomorrow.
Maybe!
               "Semper Fi"

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2017, 02:14 PM »
Thanks. Was hard to tell what they were feeding on, with a minimal at best micro hatch. Im still learning with the fly fishing. Have become mildly proficient with dry flies. Need to work on my subsurface and emerge/nymph presentations.
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

fish wayniac

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2017, 03:20 PM »
Josh, Nice river Brown’s on the fly. Great footage and Narration.

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2017, 04:17 PM »
Thanks. Still looking for a 16"+ Caught a few last year, but the levels are off this year due to dam work.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2017, 06:31 AM »
Real nice colors on the browns, Josh.  Skating dries like that on top is often the ticket!

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2017, 07:29 AM »
I unfortunately realize that now! What a difference in how the fish respond to it. I floated the same fly 2-3x in one area, then skated it and they were on it immediately.

dickbaker

« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2017, 08:22 AM »
Thanks for a great fly fishing video.  Made my day!   I would have to wear my corkers and carry my wading staff. Getting old make some of these locations impossible?
Dick

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2017, 08:43 AM »
Thanks for a great fly fishing video.  Made my day!   I would have to wear my corkers and carry my wading staff. Getting old make some of these locations impossible?
Dick
Thanks for taking the time to check out the video. Glad you enjoyed it! It was rough walking, had to use my net like a wading staff several times. 

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #9 on: Oct 11, 2017, 09:23 AM »
caddis' are great for skating, stoneflies too. 

I'm surprised you don't wear waders so you're not limited as to where you can wade/fish.  Must be a limited time issue?

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #10 on: Oct 11, 2017, 09:51 AM »
I didn't realize how effective it was until a few evenings ago. Just picked up fly fishing last year, and to think of all the potential fish I missed from not doing this. Definitely going to continue from now on.

seamonkey84

« Reply #11 on: Oct 11, 2017, 08:43 PM »
I didn't realize how effective it was until a few evenings ago. Just picked up fly fishing last year, and to think of all the potential fish I missed from not doing this. Definitely going to continue from now on.

Thats exactly why I picked it up two years ago. when the fish gets picky, there's thing you just can't do well with conventional gear. Then this past year I got an 8wt for bass and pike, it's a blast.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

PIKE FISHERMAN

« Reply #12 on: Oct 12, 2017, 05:43 PM »
It has been very productive. Ive had some good success with the fly rod. I also picked up an 8wt for bass and pike. Going to focus on that a lot for next season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.