FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: rainbows stocked  (Read 881 times)

porkpiehat

rainbows stocked
« on: Oct 13, 2017, 09:05 PM »
The state just stocked a bunch of rainbows but I'm thinking water temps are still pretty high. Will they hit anything other than powerbait this soon out of the tanks?

james1981

Re: rainbows stocked
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2017, 08:04 AM »
 Yea, when they just stock you can catch them on anything, they are not wise to really any lures, any bait....  If you are lucky you will see them cruising in large groups around the ponds.  In reality anything will get them to bite,  I would focus on the early and the late bite. If you fish at noon on a bright day you will catch a third of the fish you would if you only fished the hour before dark or an hour after sunrise. Just my 2 cents.

Also water temps are high, but they are feeding and rising to find bugs on surface, I really do not pay attention to that anyway. In the summer july and august I have seen trout rise around the boat when the water temps are in the 70s and 80s at the surface, mainly in the morning before the sun gets high and later in the evening.

james1981

Re: rainbows stocked
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2017, 08:05 AM »
 In fall I love throwing hardware and move a lot, I will throw hardware all the way in to December when the ponds ice over. The latest open water trout ive caught is around December 20th in north central ma on a warm winter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.