FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Meat Season  (Read 1687 times)

westernmas

Meat Season
« on: Oct 12, 2017, 12:01 PM »
After the rain we’ve had I decided I wasn’t feeling good (“arm was in a cast” for a day) and hit the rivers. I threw some nice meaty streamers in the east branch and west branch of the Westfield. The water was still much lower than normal but I got 4 holdovers, three on streamers and one on a small caddis nymph (self tied!!) I had trailing the streamer. The two in the east branch were very healthy and strong fish with the second one being close to 15+ inches.  The west branch fish were nice but on the smaller side.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

Re: Meat Season
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2017, 12:26 PM »
Nice.  They are still being picky up by me but the hairs ear and pheseant tail are still getting it done.

westernmas

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2017, 01:02 PM »
I've been fishing below hogsback a handful of times now.  The first time I went there I crushed it on dries.  I got about 4 in 40 minutes.  The next few times I went the water was substantially lower and I was only able to land one or two.  The two most recent times I went the water was even lower and I only fished for about 30 minutes and got skunked.  Since I don't know the flows there I opted for the Westfield.  I fished spots on the east branch that I had never fished but knew they'd be holding in that area since its a little bit of a hike in to get there.  The west branch spots are also very remote and the two spots I fished normally hold fish all year (excluding last year).  I'll drop you a message next time I'm headed to the farmy.  It is a pretty short drive from my new place, like 25 minutes tops.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2017, 01:58 PM »
Some nice vivid colors on those Bows congrats on your catch.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2017, 02:49 PM »
Some nice vivid colors on those Bows congrats on your catch.

Thanks, they always start to color up during the fall.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Baitbucket

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2017, 03:14 PM »
They started stocking the beginning of October. I hope to get out a couple times with the fly rod before things start freezing up. With the Q closing this weekend, i should be ableto make some time.

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2017, 03:31 PM »
I've been fishing below hogsback a handful of times now.  The first time I went there I crushed it on dries.  I got about 4 in 40 minutes.  The next few times I went the water was substantially lower and I was only able to land one or two.  The two most recent times I went the water was even lower and I only fished for about 30 minutes and got skunked.  Since I don't know the flows there I opted for the Westfield.  I fished spots on the east branch that I had never fished but knew they'd be holding in that area since its a little bit of a hike in to get there.  The west branch spots are also very remote and the two spots I fished normally hold fish all year (excluding last year).  I'll drop you a message next time I'm headed to the farmy.  It is a pretty short drive from my new place, like 25 minutes tops.

Nice glad you made it over.  If you here the subie rumble coming from a blue saab thats me.  Water was variable because they were pumping for hydro.  Now its been the same for a while.  Down the road in Peoplesforest the dry fishing has been exceptional in the C&R section.

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2017, 04:36 PM »

Got my meat for ice fishing season :tipup:
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #8 on: Oct 12, 2017, 05:57 PM »

Got my meat for ice fishing season :tipup:

Nice one Congrats.
We start Monday.
My buddy got a piebald doe this afternoon in NH.

westernmas

« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2017, 10:40 PM »
They started stocking the beginning of October. I hope to get out a couple times with the fly rod before things start freezing up. With the Q closing this weekend, i should be ableto make some time.

Unfortunately I don't think they will be able to stock the westfield at the current flows and usually they only stock until around columbus day.  Other rivers like the deerfield have got a good amount of fish though.  I got a couple up there on saturday.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

porkpiehat

« Reply #10 on: Oct 13, 2017, 09:29 PM »
beautiful colors on those bows...good job!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.