FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hull to Nahant opportunities  (Read 2769 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Hull to Nahant opportunities
« Reply #15 on: Oct 22, 2017, 05:18 PM »
Sakonnette is good at times.  I've fished it from shore a lot!

porkpiehat

« Reply #16 on: Oct 23, 2017, 10:02 AM »
From the Jetty? I went out past the Light to rocks just to the West on Sunday. Still getting used to the area so I might be staying a little too far away. Found a better way to rig my crabs and lost one to the "tog in the rocks" maneuver. Definitely got a lot more action friday in the rocks leading up to the lighthouse, but I was OTW by 10:30 am instead of 3:30 pm. It's a long drive there has to be a decent place closer to Boston.

lowaccord66

« Reply #17 on: Oct 23, 2017, 10:01 PM »
All over that area, ive even spent a tide or two on large rocks out there that we'd swim to. 

porkpiehat

« Reply #18 on: Oct 24, 2017, 09:24 AM »
I remember doing my first kayak dive out there. I used the wrong dramamine product and took it too late. I hunted for 30 mins and then swam to one of the islands and passed out in the sun and birdshit for three hours lol.

Black Sea Bass is open again in RI but I have no idea how to get them or where they are. There's a 2 week window in August when I can find them at Lane's Cove and shoot them before the season ends.

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: Oct 24, 2017, 10:05 AM »
That sucks, normally people who suffer from sea sickness are good if they are at the helm of a craft or in your case paddling. 

porkpiehat

« Reply #20 on: Oct 24, 2017, 12:32 PM »
I was freediving/spearing. Never gotten seasick before floating face down for hours in pt Judith

lowaccord66

« Reply #21 on: Oct 24, 2017, 05:28 PM »
Crazy how it works.  I am generally ok unless I am overtired.  Then it gets me!

porkpiehat

« Reply #22 on: Oct 24, 2017, 06:49 PM »
I was shocked. I've been diving/fishing/boating most of my life and never had an issue. Freediving in rough seas is way more strenuous than I was expecting I think that added to it.

Are you still spearing this time of year down there? I'm torn between getting a final laker trip on sebago or trying for Black Sea bass in RI this weekend

lowaccord66

« Reply #23 on: Oct 24, 2017, 10:19 PM »
Not sure, best bet is to check the regs.  I did get a picture of a 12lb tog speared, but it was a friend of a friend and I have no idea where it was taken.  The tog fishing down here is heating up.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #24 on: Oct 25, 2017, 06:14 AM »
Togs are your best bet right now.
Wicked Wec

porkpiehat

« Reply #25 on: Oct 28, 2017, 09:19 PM »
I landed two keeper black sea bass and a little baby tog. My buddy shot up six tog spearfishing. I lost a lot of weighted rigs and would have lost more if I didn't have a diver to unsnag them from the rocks  8)

In return, the fishing gods took my anchor and anchor line, bent one of his spearguns, and planted a fish hook in one of my inflatable tubes. Fair enough

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.