FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: night crawlers  (Read 8038 times)

big_guy_13021

night crawlers
« on: Feb 21, 2018, 12:22 PM »
The little guy picked us about 10 dozen worms last night hard to believe they were out already..hes gearing up for bullheads..

boondox

Re: night crawlers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2018, 02:08 PM »
Got plans of how to keep them?? There's a few article out thrre on how to care for them.. also are you storeing in a fridge or basement etc.. better make plans cause 10 dz is a awful lot of stink if they go south..

big_guy_13021

« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2018, 06:03 PM »
Yea boondox i have a few worm boxes..and i store them in my bait fridge i have a seperate one for all my bait..not a huge one but it works fine...as for bedding coffee gounds and worm bedding

gotagetm

« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2018, 06:22 PM »
i caught about 100 crawlers last knight and today put them to work on west shore of seneca and had perfect south wind and caught more bullheads than i wanted! could of filled a pickup if i wanted, if i knew how to post a picture on here i would show my jet sled half full with them!

boondox

« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:17 PM »

You guys got a paper shredder for shredding documents like old insurance bill credit card stuff etc???  take those shreds and moisten them a tad..  save you big time on buYing worm beading.. that and moist coffe grounds .. the link I read said no bananas and no citrius fruits they just don't like that stuff. .  try natural stuff  but not tomatos there acidic too.. the worms don't like them either..  ya there's a more then a couple links in this stuff so search around.. btw it's going to rain a lot till Monday around here..  good time to pick them.. don't know if it's same around there?? We usally use gallon bags to put them in till we get them on the worm bedding and in fridge.. if you guys live around lakes seen a few guys selling them if they over collect during the right seasons  they low ball the big guys like dmf bait company  wich sells for 3.99 a doz so they drop price so they sell sell for around 1.99 to 2.99 a doz to fishermen.. and some Bait shops..

big_guy_13021

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:29 PM »
I tie jigs for a local baitshop and he buys worms from my son for buck a dozen..the owner of the baitshop makes 2.99 off them so its a good thing for little guy to do..gonna drop tonight to about 27 then back up into the 40s i think were gonna go chase some steelies around in a few small tribs around my area.and its gonna rain more..i fished the crappie derby we have here..now all my ice is gear is put up..i fished the derby cause ice was 14 inches or more..im done now..

boondox

« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:45 PM »
Here's a good video on store bought bedding vesus making your self.. should give little guy a good hobbie..

https://youtu.be/635atUDeze8

boondox

« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:48 PM »
The nice thing about this type of bedding link above is you can take it to Canada soil you can not..

Ya steel head should be going on right now!! was trying to talk a buddy into going but basement flooded.. with all this rain we had been doing cleaning instead of fishing..

big_guy_13021

« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:14 PM »
i caught about 100 crawlers last knight and today put them to work on west shore of seneca and had perfect south wind and caught more bullheads than i wanted! could of filled a pickup if i wanted, if i knew how to post a picture on here i would show my jet sled half full with them!
..nice i bet with water as cols as it is they should be really tasty rite now..where abouts on seneca i never fished bullheads there...

big_guy_13021

« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:15 PM »
Thanks boondox i will try that fer sure...its so quiet over here ...at least u n a few others are on here or i would be having a conversation with myself

gotagetm

« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:36 PM »
i was on west shore near geneva ,my buddie who lives there said any time ya get a good south wind and muddies up west shore you can get them doesnt matter what time of year

big_guy_13021

« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:43 PM »
Were you over in the park im really not familiar with area i know a little bit of the area but when it comes to shore fishing im lost other than the creek by the marina

boondox

« Reply #12 on: Feb 22, 2018, 04:05 AM »
Thanks boondox i will try that fer sure...its so quiet over here ...at least u n a few others are on here or i would be having a conversation with myself

Ya no problem.. me to am surprized more people don't show up here like is.com maybe lack of advertising over there for here at the right time of year?? Or its inbetween winter and spring.. and/or people are thinking no fishing goes on right now??  when it really does??

Mac Attack

« Reply #13 on: Feb 22, 2018, 08:47 AM »

Ya no problem.. me to am surprized more people don't show up here like is.com maybe lack of advertising over there for here at the right time of year?? Or its inbetween winter and spring.. and/or people are thinking no fishing goes on right now??  when it really does??

Shhhhh..................Boon!!!

Stop that.
It's nice and quiet in here right now.

;)

UglyStik

« Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:16 AM »
I've been putting mine in damp oatmeal with a dash of coffee grounds and a little other food like some lettuce for them. I was just trying to get rid of the nasty black mud they come packed in. Worked good last year, kept the boat cleaner.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.