FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Piscataquog River  (Read 1231 times)

Teamrustyhook

Piscataquog River
« on: May 22, 2018, 08:20 PM »
My uncle just bought a small aluminum boat and we plan to take it out on it's maiden voyage soon and he wants too fish the river just above the Kelly Street dam. I believe this section has a few names such as piscataquog reseviour, Kelly dam pond or namsake pond but can't find much info on it as far as fishing goes. I'd like to know what's in there for fish. I assume the same type of fish as Glenn lake just up steam from there. I'd like to know if it's worth targeting trout or if my time is better spent going after bass. Im also not sure how fast the current is going to be. Thanks in advance for any information you guys can give it's greatly appreciated

rcdelude

Re: Piscataquog River
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 12:25 AM »

bikrsrule

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 03:44 AM »
I do know that they stock the stream in between Glenn lake and the area your talking about. I would imagine some trout get pushed into that open area. Wouldnt hurt to troll some spinners for a while IMHO..Good Luck..

gbp

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 06:42 AM »
I fly fish that river quite often.  Most of the river is really shallow come summer.  They have to go somewhere and wouldn't surprise me if they move up.  The ones that are left anyway.  As soon as it gets stocked there are cars lined up and down the river yanking them out.  Seen it get poached in the past too.  Huge problem with poaching at the delayed harvest section of the river.  Ive called F&G a couple times about this.  Havent gotten much of a response from them on it either sadly.
chasingflags on iceshanty

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.