FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 43073 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #450 on: Oct 28, 2023, 06:59 PM »
It’ll be the death of us.

I couldn't agree more.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #451 on: Nov 03, 2023, 02:39 PM »
Super called me in to put a last mow on the greens, collars and approaches. Long day. Beautiful day to be on the course. It’s becoming a tradition. 3 years running, I’ve done the final mow. Took my time and really enjoyed it.

I can say goodbye to my faithful greens and tee mowers. All new equipment next year. It’ll take some getting used to, but I’m up for it.

For now, 6 months in “the little wood shop” and I’m really good with that.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #452 on: Nov 04, 2023, 09:23 PM »
Ma Nature put a damper on my plans  for today. Headed out early to fish and it started raining. Rained all morning. Didn’t get to fish or attend to the piles of leaves in the yard and other gardening chores.

But….spent the morning in the “Little Wood Shop” working on a Christmas project for my Bride and I. Still getting back into the “wood shop” mode. Seems like it takes longer to transition from outdoor to indoor these days….for me anyway.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #453 on: Nov 05, 2023, 09:19 AM »
We are 6 months off each other Bob.
I am now getting into the outside mode down here.
I have a contractor hired to double the size of my shed.
When it is completed, I will have AC in it and a large shop sink.  (No bath)
It is currently 8' x 9'.
It will end up 8' x 18' when done.
One of the long walls will have my toolbox, the shop sink, and a work bench about 10' long.
The long bench will allow me to get back to building fishing rods.
This shed project will also allow me to bring everything home that we currently have in a climate-controlled storage facility.
The storage now costs me $150 a month.
So, the savings will be nice too.
I've wanted this larger shed from day one, but the hurricane and other projects took priority.
Can't wait.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #454 on: Nov 14, 2023, 06:49 AM »
Been cleaning up the yard that I so badly neglected this summer. Spent Sunday picking up leaves and burning a huge pile of sticks and branches that have come down since last fall. Neighbor gave me a fire pit that he didn’t use any more.

He has a bbq rack that he he’d made at a local welding shop that’s pretty nice. We’ve done a couple chicken bbq’s with it. Yesterday we took the old fire pit blocks to the dump and  picked up a truckload of ash from the golf course.

Today I’m tired.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #455 on: Nov 14, 2023, 01:41 PM »

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Bartman44

« Reply #456 on: Nov 15, 2023, 09:31 AM »
Nice fire. I got most of my "outdoor" work done over a week ago which has given me some time to go out a fish this past week. I have a big maple in my backyard and its sheds sticks every time I get a big blow so I'm always relighting the firepit to burn them off.  I hope to have a nice fire for Turkey Day for my family, weather permitting.

With that said, I'm finishing the yard off today.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #457 on: Nov 15, 2023, 08:25 PM »
Was on track to pressure wash my tractor and put it away today. Pressure washer wouldn’t start. It’s a big Honda engine. Sits for months at a time without running. Pulled the carb off and cleaned it out. They’re famous for getting gummed up. I’ll drain the old gas and give it some new. It’ll run for sure.

Cut back the last of the hostas and oxalis. Gardens are officially buttoned  up for the season.
Tomorrow is another day.

Mac Attack

« Reply #458 on: Nov 15, 2023, 11:05 PM »
Hondas like new spark plugs too Bob.
I've owned plenty!
Generators, power washers, kickers, motorcycles, you name it!

Good luck.
You will get it to fire.

gotagetm

« Reply #459 on: Nov 16, 2023, 05:12 AM »
Got a Honda on my portable lumber Mill I've had it about 20 years anytime had a problem starting was always gas related think I've only put a plug in it 3 times and that was only because I wanted too they were always clean when pulling them

tomturkey

« Reply #460 on: Nov 16, 2023, 07:34 AM »
I finally decided that I needed to see if my snowblower was going to run as I had trouble with it last fall. I had a friend's son get it running. I pushed the primer and turned on the choke. Started the first pull. Gotta love Seafoam

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #461 on: Nov 16, 2023, 12:09 PM »
Hondas like new spark plugs too Bob.
I've owned plenty!
Generators, power washers, kickers, motorcycles, you name it!

Good luck.
You will get it to fire.

Nah, Hondas are notorious for gumming up the carb jets. Pulled it off, cleaned it and it ran like a champ. I always forget to run the fuel out of the carb when I’m done. It’s in the basement having done its job for the year. Tractor and hand mower got a good wash. Tractor got a few coats of wax after a hand wash. Boat is in the garage, hand mower is put away. Tractor is in the garden with its custom cover. Hoses and lines are drained.

It’s a wrap!

Maybe (weather permitting) I can get some fishing in.

Mac Attack

« Reply #462 on: Nov 16, 2023, 03:42 PM »
I’ve probably had a dozen different Honda motors over the years.  They all “used” plugs.

All motors’ carbs gum up if left a few months or more with fuel in the bowls and no stabilizer in the fuel.  And over 6 mos if stabilized.
And these days, with ethanol, it’s worse for any plastic and rubber.  Hoses, o-rings, float, gaskets, etc.
Additionally, it’s hygroscopic from the ethanol, making it collect water molecules.

Glad you got it back up and running Bob.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #463 on: Nov 17, 2023, 03:49 PM »
Was a no brainer for me. Simple fix.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #464 on: Feb 25, 2024, 01:46 PM »
So the Super called and asked if I would come in tomorrow to mow greens.

Mow greens on 2/25/24…….i said “sure”. I’ve put the first and last mowing on greens since ‘21. Guess this is the earliest I’ve mowed. Latest was 11/12/ 21.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.