FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Headed up to Gods Country this weekend  (Read 2553 times)

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Headed up to Gods Country this weekend
« on: Jun 28, 2018, 09:03 AM »
Anyone fished First Conn or Francis recently? Wondering hows the lakes have been fishing?

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
Re: Headed up to Gods Country this weekend
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2018, 08:50 AM »
The laker guys I was with 2 weeks ago did good on lakers on First CT. Suckers on the bottom.

zwiggles

« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2018, 03:53 PM »
How did you make out up there jethro? Hopefully you found some fish

Jethro

« Reply #3 on: Jul 05, 2018, 09:15 AM »
How did you make out up there jethro? Hopefully you found some fish

It was slow fishing, I think the heat may have them all lethargic or something. 2 small salmon for the weekend and no lakers. I'll admit to only fishing the mornings because it got too hot later in the day.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #4 on: Jul 05, 2018, 10:22 AM »
I try to get up to Gods country ever October for grouse/woodcock and snow shoes. I love it up there!

Wicked Wec

Jethro

« Reply #5 on: Jul 09, 2018, 08:06 AM »
Was there again all weekend, fish were just not cooperating. Saturday was spent on 1st Conn and landed 2 lakers and 4 salmon, all shorts. Sunday we went to 3rd Conn, which I have only ice fished, and landed 2 short lakers and a legal rainbow which is still swimming. 

zwiggles

« Reply #6 on: Jul 09, 2018, 09:22 AM »
Was there again all weekend, fish were just not cooperating. Saturday was spent on 1st Conn and landed 2 lakers and 4 salmon, all shorts. Sunday we went to 3rd Conn, which I have only ice fished, and landed 2 short lakers and a legal rainbow which is still swimming.

Still beats the chaos you would have run into on the more southern lakes this weekend.

How was the launch at 3rd? Did your new big boat make it in and out fine?

Jethro

« Reply #7 on: Jul 09, 2018, 10:54 AM »
Still beats the chaos you would have run into on the more southern lakes this weekend.

How was the launch at 3rd? Did your new big boat make it in and out fine?

Yes and no, I had never been there when there wasn't 6 feet of snow, so I trusted my buddy who told me it had a nice concrete ramp. Well guess what, it doesn't. And to boot it drops off real hard after about 15 feet. Getting it off wasn't a problem but getting it on was a challenge. Thank goodness for that power winch.

I asked the lake host how many 21 footers with 150 horsepower he has seen out on that lake and he said he can't remember one, although sometimes the party barge pontoons run out there. I only ran the 4 stroke kicker anyway.

zwiggles

« Reply #8 on: Jul 09, 2018, 11:56 AM »
Thanks jethro for the info. I kind of figured the same, but am in the same situation having only seen it under 5ft of snow.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #9 on: Jul 14, 2018, 01:22 PM »
I try to get up to Gods country ever October for grouse/woodcock and snow shoes. I love it up there!

Your first photo with the cigar looks like an Alaskan commercial photo. Send it to the NH chamber of commerce. Come enjoy and relax in NH ;D ;D 8)

Jethro

« Reply #10 on: Jul 16, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Yep, that's a good photo! Replace the red wine with a Makers Mark and water on the rocks and I'm good!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #11 on: Jul 16, 2018, 11:03 AM »
LMAO!!!

This was our first wedding anniversary and actually picked by my wife (we have been there a few times before). I asked if I could take the shotgun along and she said yes so I was able to get some game birds and hares. Do not be fooled, the shotgun was coming regardless of what she said.   :laugh: So, the Red wine was actually provided to us by the resort as a anniversary gift.

Jethro - you ready for this one ?! - - - My wife surprised me with a bottle of Glenfiddich 21 year old as soon as we got up there!!!! Man was that good on the rocks while hanging a line to skin the hares. lol Moose, deer and coyote tracks all over our beach front and coyotes howling every night. Maybe we need to go up there this year for our 4 year anniversary lol

Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.