FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kingston Area Lakes  (Read 2287 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Kingston Area Lakes
« on: Oct 15, 2005, 07:49 PM »
Hey guys...my work just transferred me to Kingston and Im not really familiar with the area. Can anyone recommend any  lakes to try out?

Robb

• Upstate NY
Re: Kingston Area Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2005, 06:51 AM »
Bassjunky,

I used to go on vacation a little bit north of Kingston, in the Westport area. There is an amazing amount of lakes in within an hour of Kingston, we stayed at the Bing Retreat www.bingretreat.com where you pay to stay and fish, but in that area there is Canoe lake (lake trout), Wolf lake (walleye), Devil lake (lake trout), to name a few and I'm pretty sure they all have bass, pan fish and some pike. I've fished all three of these lakes and caught fish in them as well. The Bing retreat has rainbow's and brook trout and is pretty good fishing and reasonable to fish. Good luck.

Robb :tipup:

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2005, 07:15 AM »
Thanx Robb much appreiated, it gives me a place to start

fisher rich

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2005, 02:16 PM »
Clear Lake, Newboro and Indian Lake are all good for northern pike and bass, in the area of Elgin, Ontario. All the lakes are connected so there is alot of variety.I have fished these lakes for over 30 years.

Bartman44

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Newboro has a very good largemouth fishery and has a public boat lauch as well. Like Rich said you can lock through (or go through a channel) to many of these lakes.

Bart

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Thanx guys, Are any or all of this year' round lakes that  I can fish this winter as well? it's almost ice time

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2005, 08:56 AM »
Heh Bassjunky. I'm going to Kingston area for my families annual deer hunt starting Nov 7. I will be there for a couple weeks. I can ask my cousins who grew up there and know all the hot spots. I could PM you their choices if you like. There ice season kinda sucks there. I'm always giving them a hard time about only having a couple months of ice.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2005, 01:37 PM »
Thanx Terry that would be great. I can use all the help I can get.  much apprecaited

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.