FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: B.O.A.T.  (Read 4522 times)

lowaccord66

B.O.A.T.
« on: Apr 19, 2022, 07:31 PM »
I think I had previously posted last year about my minor f up with my 23ft proline.  Zoomed too far out on the chart, hit rocks.  Well I finally got it to the shop and luckily scored the second to last df250 lower unit in the country.  Said goodbye to 4600.  Having the bottom paint redone and the powerhead serviced. 

Looking forward to getting salty in about a month. 

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
Re: B.O.A.T.
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2022, 07:48 AM »
Silver lining. Happy for you that you at least saved the season.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2022, 10:13 AM »
My goodness. How much is just the lower unit? Not that it matters... what else you gonna do? It being a 250 puts it strongly in big boy category I would assume.

I've struck bottom pretty much every year I've owned a boat, but so far have been lucky enough to just ruin props. I run the cheap aluminum props on purpose because of it. They are $130 for my 150.

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2022, 02:26 PM »
Said goodbye to 4600.

Ouch!

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2022, 08:16 PM »
Was just watching milliken fishing and he ruin his lower unit on his boat and I believe it is a 250 and he said that he could not find a lower unit for his motor, man this sucks not being able to get things, hoping to pre order a boat for next spring but hate selling mine until I have the new one with all the horror stories of getting things.

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2022, 06:05 AM »
My goodness. How much is just the lower unit? Not that it matters... what else you gonna do? It being a 250 puts it strongly in big boy category I would assume.

I've struck bottom pretty much every year I've owned a boat, but so far have been lucky enough to just ruin props. I run the cheap aluminum props on purpose because of it. They are $130 for my 150.

4600 new.  I did the lower on my stratos last year.  It lasted a year after hitting rocks on champlain.  It happens.

They are fixing my trim tabs and doing the bottom paint and hindred hour service.  Im hoping to stay out of 5 digit territory.

Thus the title bust out another thousand. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2022, 06:07 AM »
Was just watching milliken fishing and he ruin his lower unit on his boat and I believe it is a 250 and he said that he could not find a lower unit for his motor, man this sucks not being able to get things, hoping to pre order a boat for next spring but hate selling mine until I have the new one with all the horror stories of getting things.

Im looking at 35' pursuits and cant get one.  Milliken isnt bad been a while since I watched.  I do remember seeing a clip where someone lost their entire 250 on lake of the woods to a point they cut the controls and let it sink to get back.  What a nightmare.

SLAYERFISH

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2022, 06:59 PM »
Darn the old lady would be freekin ANGRY if I did that! :D

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Apr 22, 2022, 07:10 PM »
It's worth mentioning that both my lower unit smashes occured from the same mistake.  Zoomed out on track lines too far. 

https://youtu.be/rFf83C_1bRI

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Jul 09, 2022, 08:30 PM »
Back in business!

Mac Attack

« Reply #10 on: Jul 09, 2022, 08:59 PM »
Awesome
Keep us posted on how it runs

lowaccord66

« Reply #11 on: Jul 10, 2022, 02:46 AM »
Will do Mac.  Should splash it tomorrow.  Would have done it yesterday but I forgot the boat keys!

zwiggles

« Reply #12 on: Jul 10, 2022, 07:50 AM »
Nice! Looks like your ready to roll!

taxid

« Reply #13 on: Jul 10, 2022, 08:23 AM »
Go get 'em!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #14 on: Jul 10, 2022, 10:17 AM »
Nice! Looks like your ready to roll!

It's gonna be a heck of a fall run!  There's 4 hours of scrubbing that needs to get done today....so much bird crap.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.