FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: White Pond near West Chattam?  (Read 1059 times)

taxid

White Pond near West Chattam?
« on: Nov 02, 2020, 08:10 AM »
Anybody know anything about it? Looks like Kettle pond but probably private as I don't see a launch or trout stocking listed. I could stay on it via VRBO if I want in June with of course a negative Covid test.  Believe it or not I'd rather catch panfish especially bluegills vs. trout as I have plenty of large trout in my own private pond here in Indiana.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

Re: White Pond near West Chattam?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2020, 11:50 AM »

Got this back from a biologist regarding local ponds near West Chattam and White Pond.

"The best holdover ponds for Brown Trout  on Cape Cod near the Chatham area are Goose Pond in Chatham, Gull Pond in Wellfleet and Cliff and Sheep Ponds in Brewster.

Our native sunfish is the Pumpkinseed Sunfish, Bluegill are found in a fewer number of ponds.   Black Crappie is the only crappie species in this area and they are found only in a few Cape ponds, the nearest ponds with some Crappie are in the Wareham area.  They are usually large but in small numbers.  Most of the trout ponds will have some sunfish but our fertility is limited compared to the Midwest and the ponds on the Cape are kettlehole ponds without a lot of structure to hold sunfish.

White Pond in Chatham is a deep pond and could hold trout but has not been stocked. The fish population is Chain Pickerel, Yellow Perch, Brown Bullhead  and most likely Largemouth Bass."

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2020, 01:32 PM »
fished most of the ponds on the cape but never that one. there is a bunch of pumpkinseed in that area of the cape. very few bluegill. big bluegill are in coonamesset pond in Falmouth. crappie in there too I believe. some of the warm water ponds in Nickerson state park hold some nice panfish too. might take a hike to get to some though.

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2020, 06:10 PM »
fished most of the ponds on the cape but never that one. there is a bunch of pumpkinseed in that area of the cape. very few bluegill. big bluegill are in coonamesset pond in Falmouth. crappie in there too I believe. some of the warm water ponds in Nickerson state park hold some nice panfish too. might take a hike to get to some though.

Thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.