FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pittsfield and Dalton  (Read 953 times)

bogtrotter

Pittsfield and Dalton
« on: Nov 07, 2020, 03:45 PM »
I went fishing on the West Housatonic (in Pittsfield) and the East Housatonic (in Dalton) today from 9:15 AM to 1:45 PM.

It was mostly sunny and surprisingly warm (about 60 degrees when I started and 70 by the time I finished) and the stream levels were in that "Goldilocks" zone (not too high and not too low but "just right").

First, I fished the West Housatonic from Hungerford Street to Clapp Park and eventually (after multiple "false strikes) caught one 12" brown (by the Hungerford Street Bridge where it meets Route 20) as well as a half dozen perch (biggest 8") (most of them in the same spot) plus an equal number of dace (biggest 9") (a bit more scattered).

Then I fished the East Housatonic below the Housatonic Street bridge (where I was "skunked") and the Depot Street bridge - - where, to my pleasant surprise, I hit the jackpot by landing an 11", a 14" and 16" and an 18" rainbow.

Then it was homeward bound for an early (4 PM) dinner cookout - - a couple lamb chops with sriracha mayo, a side of kimchi, a deluxe (16 ingredient) salad, a bowl of brussel sprout soup and 1.5 nip bottles of homemade strawberry wine.

Steve H.

Re: Pittsfield and Dalton
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2020, 07:03 PM »
to my pleasant surprise, I hit the jackpot by landing an 11", a 14" and 16" and an 18" rainbow.

Then it was homeward bound for an early (4 PM) dinner cookout - - a couple lamb chops with sriracha mayo, a side of kimchi, a deluxe (16 ingredient) salad, a bowl of brussel sprout soup and 1.5 nip bottles of homemade strawberry wine.

Solid X2.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2020, 08:46 AM »
An 18" bow is tremendous!

bogtrotter

« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2020, 11:41 AM »
The trout stocked in my neck of the woods this spring (back in March/April) tended to be smaller on average than past years, so the 18" bow that I landed on Saturday was the biggest fish I've caught this year.

Given how low the waters got this past summer/early fall, I was both pleased and surprised that one of the big bows managed to hang on this late into the season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.