FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Last trip to the salt  (Read 910 times)

stripernut

Last trip to the salt
« on: Nov 09, 2020, 08:55 AM »
Dad and I ran down to Westport with the perfect weather Sunday. This time we only had an earth quack on the way and did not lose a trailer tire... Everything was great; little wind, just some long rollers, a bucket of crabs, and we were on the way, crossing the bay! Then the motor died... After checking a bunch of stuff and disappointment mounting I dropped the trolling motor and trolled over to some rocky inshore spots and caught nothing... After jumping around with the trolling motor and getting nothing we figured it was time to call BoatUS and give them a couple of hours to come to get us. But first one more try at the motor, with dad looking at all the electrical connections I hear a grunt a hopeful success and shortly after the engine starts and we are on the way to some deeper rock piles! With the sun low in the sky, we start getting some fish! After putting some keepers on ice we thought it best to head back in in-case we had any more trouble, which we did not... Not even another earthquake... It was a great November day out on the water, we could have caught more fish if we had not had a connection come loose, but it was so nice out we would have had fun even if we had been skunked... Time to put the boat away for the winter... I would make a few more trips, but it comes down to lack of time, so the covering has to go on, a very sad day...
Fish fry tonight.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Re: Last trip to the salt
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2020, 09:02 AM »
Nice! I spent the mid-day yesterday on the water and nothing to show for it. It seems the largemouth did not have the same opinions of how nice the weather was as I did.

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2020, 12:02 PM »
Nice work Allen.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2020, 05:25 PM »
Great job Alan getting out with your dad. Thank god he saved the day. ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com