FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What was your 2020 personal best fish and on what lure/bait?  (Read 4587 times)

Steve H.

Re: What was your 2020 personal best fish and on what lure/bait?
« Reply #15 on: Nov 06, 2020, 12:14 PM »
Not NH but I spent June mainly muskie fishing.  Ended up with 19 fish, 11 over 40 inches and the biggest at 44.  Mostly on stickbaits and gliders but a few on in-line spinners.

I (we) also had 4 native brookies over 3 1/2 pounds with the biggest at 4 1/2  All on spoons.  All but one released but we did eat a good number of sub-3 pound trout. 8)

We also had 4 salmon over 7 pounds this year.  All on spoons.   All bigger fish released and a number of smaller ones were fried. ;D

Caught one togue this year...one..  On a stickbait.

I guess if pinned down, the fish I'm most proud of (personal best??) would be the 44 inch muskie.

Wow, makes me want to move to The County.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Steve H.

« Reply #16 on: Nov 06, 2020, 12:18 PM »
I did a trip to Ross a couple years ago. That was when Don and Andrea Lavoie were there. Awesome time! The Whitefish fishing is very hit or miss. Lake Trout fishing is phenomenal and brookies are pretty good too. Cusk fishing is like clock work once the sun gets low and you jig bottom. I know the old owners could pick you up if you really needed it, not sure about the new ownership though. It’s a wild ride and a whole different world over there though. Loved it. Extremely remote. Nosaj over on ice shanty used to do a group trip every year, not sure when the last time he went was.

That's great information.  Thanks for sharing.  Hopefully I'll get up there someday.  Didn't know the Lavoies aren't still involved.  Too bad.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #17 on: Nov 06, 2020, 01:45 PM »
Not NH but I spent June mainly muskie fishing.  Ended up with 19 fish, 11 over 40 inches and the biggest at 44.  Mostly on stickbaits and gliders but a few on in-line spinners.

I (we) also had 4 native brookies over 3 1/2 pounds with the biggest at 4 1/2  All on spoons.  All but one released but we did eat a good number of sub-3 pound trout. 8)

We also had 4 salmon over 7 pounds this year.  All on spoons.   All bigger fish released and a number of smaller ones were fried. ;D

Caught one togue this year...one..  On a stickbait.

I guess if pinned down, the fish I'm most proud of (personal best??) would be the 44 inch muskie.

Pure strain or Tiger?  My pb tiger is also 44 but was ice fishing.  I got a dink tiger on the fly rod this year...

bassin212

« Reply #18 on: Nov 08, 2020, 11:22 AM »
That's great information.  Thanks for sharing.  Hopefully I'll get up there someday.  Didn't know the Lavoies aren't still involved.  Too bad.

If you ever want more info definitely let me know! Funny enough, I actually tagged along with Adrien on that Canadian trip so i was in good hands. I know that Andrea and Don basically showed the new owners the ins and outs of the operation for about 1-1.5 years. The owners were also long time customers to my knowledge so I am sure people will still have an awesome experience! Lots of different lakes up there to fish. Definitely a cool experience all around.

bassin212

« Reply #19 on: Nov 08, 2020, 11:26 AM »
I am envious of that laker.  I caught a few that big open water this year but can't seem to break 35" through the ice.  I got them to eat very large baits.

Lake Trout are definitely my favorite fish to target through the ice. I typically do a trip for them out of state at least once every winter. I hit Lake George once with a guide and that was phenomenal (might be my favorite in terms of NE) and then hit Champlain solo one day and got a decent one but haven't returned to see if I got lucky or they frequent there in the winter. First time ever Walleye is on my list for this winter.

I want to start vertical jigging for them in the Open Water (i'm typically a bass fisherman) but I'm slowly being converted! I finally got myself spot lock and a Helix 5 for the Bow to hopefully make jigging for them more effective.

Steve H.

« Reply #20 on: Nov 08, 2020, 07:33 PM »

If you ever want more info definitely let me know! Funny enough, I actually tagged along with Adrien on that Canadian trip so i was in good hands. I know that Andrea and Don basically showed the new owners the ins and outs of the operation for about 1-1.5 years. The owners were also long time customers to my knowledge so I am sure people will still have an awesome experience! Lots of different lakes up there to fish. Definitely a cool experience all around.

That's very cool to hear.  I used to love reading Adrien's trip reports.  The only guy I knew who's idea of a 'cast and blast' involved caribou.

JDK

# SAND

Pikin Aint Easy

« Reply #22 on: Nov 20, 2020, 02:22 PM »
9lb Pike on Grim Reaper Super Cat Spinner - 1.5 oz black & gold

https://grimreaperlures.com/super-cat/

SafeMayflies

« Reply #23 on: Dec 11, 2020, 06:15 PM »
Best fish was a Walleye one of my boys caught. He and I pursued our first walleyes this year. We watched videos together, read articles, learned about crawler harnesses, and tied our own. We were able to dial in the walleyes and catch keepers each time out. I watched him catch a 4lb walleye, trolling at dusk, on a harness that he designed. It was the best for me this summer.

bikrsrule

« Reply #24 on: Mar 16, 2021, 02:27 PM »
5 lb hook jawed Salmon fall of 2020 at winnie on a pumpkinhead, 24" 5 lb brown in clough pond, loudon october 13th.. (kept salmon, released the brown)

Hardwater2

« Reply #25 on: Mar 16, 2021, 03:06 PM »
Caught some nice walleyes jigging from Northern NY and a few stripers over 40” (herring) on the Hudson River close to home.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.