FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: MFF's first cyber gourmet meal...  (Read 9185 times)

Cider

Re: MFF's first cyber gourmet meal...
« Reply #15 on: Jun 28, 2004, 05:19 PM »
i'm hungry!!!!! where's the food???

Through the lips and past the gums, look out stomach, here it comes...  ;D  ;D

For desert...freshly picked strawberry shortcake on homemade biscuits with homemade whipped cream...sorry, forgot to take a pic of it...however, I can testify to the fact that it was YUMMY!  ;D

You will notice the presence of "foreign" mushrooms in the morel cream sauce...  As there were quite a few people over for dinner (four more than usual) and a limited supply of morels, I chose to supplement the sauce with freshly sauteed baby portabella mushrooms at the very end of preparing it to give the sauce some substance and stretch the morels.  I had intended to add some wild oyster mushrooms rather than the portabella, but I forgot to pick some up at the market and had to go with what I had on hand.  Yes, I am stingy with my morels!

Also had every intention of including fiddleheads with this meal like the menu called for, but several of the dinner guests don't care for them and we ran out of burners on the stove!  You'll have to settle for this pic from a previous meal of fresh brook trout and fiddlehead ferns in balsamic vinegar...

grumpymoe

« Reply #16 on: Jun 28, 2004, 08:19 PM »
cider....great meal pics.....don't see any happy guest pics!!! :-[ :-[ :-[  portabellas, oyster, and most........other......mushrooms will compliment the meal...fantastic job....hope everyone left with their stomachs aching for more!!!!!  grump

fozsey

« Reply #17 on: Jun 28, 2004, 09:24 PM »
or at least aching... ;D Good job Cider...

I got my EYE on ya... and I have to admit I was licking my lips..;D

Cider

« Reply #18 on: Jun 28, 2004, 10:23 PM »
don't see any happy guest pics!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ 

Oh, they were happy alright!!  Just a little camera shy about letting their belts out a couple notches and then being posted on the internet while wallowing with pleasure!!  I couldn't be so cruel....  ;D

fozsey

« Reply #19 on: Jun 30, 2004, 02:56 PM »
don't see any happy guest pics!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ 

Oh, they were happy alright!!  Just a little camera shy about letting their belts out a couple notches and then being posted on the internet while wallowing with pleasure!!  I couldn't be so cruel....  ;D

I could.... ;D ph***em, they got a free meal..... ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.