FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: a moment of silence please  (Read 2108 times)

zooker

• member of the yadkin chain gang
a moment of silence please
« on: Jan 16, 2007, 06:03 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the boat doctor called this afternoon..my 2003 50 horse 2 stroke yamaha has died. :'( :'(

it died from a broken rod in the #2 cylinder.. :o  now i am waiting for the yamaha rep to come and look at it tomarrow. he will likely ok a warranty replacement power head.

according to the yamaha tech's computer print out it had 1185 hours 90% of which were over 5000 rpm.. :o :o

even with a broken rod. the lil hammer pushed nanner and my self about a mile on the #1 and #3 cylinders to the boat launch..

the lil hammer gave it's all..*SNIF*<wipes tear>  :'( ::) ::) ::)

lol

zooker

gigpig

Re: a moment of silence please
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:43 PM »
sorry about the motor, hopefully it is replaced by yamaha. Out of curiosity do you ever stop the boat to fish? Are you retired or just fortunate enough to run your boat 400 hours full tilt a year? ::)We lose a couple months a year in western NY. Someday I hope I can wear my boat out!Get her fixed & get back out there.

zooker

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2007, 05:37 PM »
big lakes long runs 250 days a year.. long run for me would be 10 miles..one way..about 18 mintues..

zooker

hunters08

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2007, 11:14 PM »
how many years is the warranty on that???did you pay for extended service plan or something?? :tipup:
If i'm not fishing than i hope i'm turkey hunting!!!

zooker

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2007, 03:41 PM »
the extended warranty added 5 years after the standard 2 year factory warranty went out..
best $600 you can spend

zooker

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2007, 04:56 PM »
Just an update; I have not been allowed anywhere near the new motor. :nono: :-\ I don't understand why, something crazy about nanners and jinxes and skunks and broken fishing rod for fisherman and broken motor rod for other fisherman in same day in same boat. :wacko: I think this is some southern mumbo-jumbo. :cookoo:

Mike

fozsey

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2007, 12:35 AM »
Maybe you should offer him some peace offering nanner chips..... :rotflol:

jayswimmer09

• MUSKY ON!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2007, 09:02 AM »
RIP. hopefuly you will get it working again soon

swampbuckster

• Happy for open water!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2007, 07:28 PM »
sorry about the motor, hopefully it is replaced by yamaha. Out of curiosity do you ever stop the boat to fish? Are you retired or just fortunate enough to run your boat 400 hours full tilt a year? ::)We lose a couple months a year in western NY. Someday I hope I can wear my boat out!Get her fixed & get back out there.

LMAO! ;D ;D ;D

Live to Fish, Fish to Live

csavage1

« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2007, 09:03 AM »
I have  a 16 ft lund with a 3 cylinder yamaha pro 50 hp.Three years ago i got some water in my gas and i cooked the motor.My good friend rebuilt my motor and it much faster than it was before.I  have a water seperater in the fuel line and hope it never happens again.My boat is a 1987 and the motor is a 1988 and still going strong.I wish you lots of luck.
They don't start to bite until you get there and they don't quit until you leave.

zooker

« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2007, 06:58 PM »
cs
the pin that holds the piston broke. causing a busted rod and a wedged cylinder..

i run a ten micron trash filter and a water filter.. i have the one that has a steel bowl on the bottom..

the old 50 ltr 2 stroke power head yammer that broke. was replaced by a 50 ho 2 stroker head. the differance is the mid range torque. it cruises at 33 mph 3/4 throttle. i can't open it up to 5800 rpm yet need ten hours on it first.. but with the restricted 5300 rpm throttle setting i hit 36.5 gps as i chugged down high rock today..i had it at 5300 for about a half mile.. i figure when it changes to 5800 wot rpm i should hit 40..which is digging for a 50 horse on a glass boat..

zooker

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.