FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tea Island, Lake George.  (Read 1054 times)

EasternCentralNY21

Tea Island, Lake George.
« on: Jun 21, 2013, 09:36 PM »
whats up? It has been a while since i talked to you guys... JAMIE you out there? haha. Anyway I could never get out to Tea Island on hardwater. Now i have access to it... I have been battling a pike off tea island for 3 days now!!!... Heres the story: Wednesday I head out, set to fish bass with my medium 7ft rods 8lb mono size 6 hook... Picked up some crawfish and sped up to lg... blah blah blah Im out there and Im fishing around the island got into some large mouths but nothing big. Spent a couple hours fooling around drifting from one side to the other and rowing back again.. I decided to head over toward the other shore where all the hotels and docks are I started off floating south toward mdb casting with a lure and dead sticking a crawfish... well anyway about 30 minutes goes by and i have made it about even with exit 22 and i hook something on the crawfish so i starting fighting this fish and it feels heavy i worked this fish for probably 45 minutes the whole time its pulling the whole rowboat down the shore line. I got it tired out and started bringing it in and got about 4 feet from the side of the boat when I saw the fish it was a big pike. he looked at me and he just turned right toward the boat  spun and cut the line as if he was picking on me. That night it was all i could think about...yesterday/ Thursday I contemplated going up all day but I waited till 6 pm until i decided to go and i said to my self " gonna try to get that pike" .. got all the way up there and got the boat out about 150 feet from shore and I break an oar in half!!!! so i said no no no Im still gonna try so I paddled canoe style out to the spot I hooked up with it the day before. I sent my line out and dropped my bag in the water... started messing with it got my cigs out and lighter and wallet phone etc... next thing I know the pole is coming out of my lap!!! I set the hook and I could tell I had that big pike again... This time I would fight it smart and take her easy I worked it and worked it..... TIRED ME OUT!!! I got the fish maybe 10 feet from the boat and he just cut the line like a pair of scissors... was so mad i just left empty handed.... today I said to myself NOT gonna happen again went out and bought steel leaders BUT FORGOT TO TYE THEM ON  and i went out to the spot, cast, let it sit for like 10 MINUTES before I got any bites reeled in a nice big bass fought he pretty good but that was not what I was going for I cast right back out same spot like not even 30 seconds later my drag is zingin!!!! I think "Here we go" tighten the drag go to set the hook and WHAT!!!! feels like I got a snag im watching the rod tip and it looks like a snag i look up and im going like 5 mph down the shore people are looking at me like  wow.. I heard some guy go "that guy has a whale"!!! I got a half turn on my reel and GONE just like that my day was done he wasnt gonna bite again maybe i will try again tommorrow~ elusive mr 30+ incher.. he is a worthy adversary!!! I TYED MY STEEL LEADERS ON AND GOT 20LB LINE TYED ON  I am not going to let this fish beat me!!!!! oh yeah and what ups folks i know alot of you from the ice season! i still fish all the time so message me if you wanna meet up sometime, ill share my bait....

EasternCentralNY21

Re: Tea Island, Lake George.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2013, 09:44 AM »
to windy for the ole row boat today! but I cant pay that much or go through all the trouble to put a real boat in haha rather go for free in a kayak canoe or my good ole row boat

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jun 24, 2013, 02:05 PM »
I've been ok.  Been hiding in the backwoods up here this year.
Good luck with that pike man!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

Slopmaster

« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Git em!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.