FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spier Falls Launch, Hudson River  (Read 7396 times)

kcw989

Spier Falls Launch, Hudson River
« on: Apr 09, 2013, 02:25 PM »
The launch was finally cleared of ice so i took the boat out to try the new fish finder and run some sea foam thru it. Missed a nice pike, was just trying out my new lures to see the action and i watched him take it, good thing i didn't catch him, its against the law lol Just figured i would make a thread for this location since i don't find much info on it.

slab daddy 518

Re: Spier Falls Launch, Hudson River
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2013, 10:53 AM »
Which launch did you use? I was told the launch on the corinth side above the dam had some giant rocks across the ramp,I really hope it is not closed that is one of my favorite spots.

kcw989

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2013, 08:51 PM »
I went out below the corinth dam, the launch on the sharp corner. Im not sure about the one in town but when i drive by ill check for ya.

kcw989

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2013, 12:33 PM »
Just a heads up the boat launch is currently closed do to some issues with the dam.

slab daddy 518

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2013, 05:32 PM »
which launch the one on the sharp corner?

kcw989

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2013, 06:23 PM »
yah, i draged my boat down there just to turn around and head home, i heard the perch are hitting below the damns though.

Budder

« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2013, 10:42 AM »
OK to step in here?
 Looking to launch either above Corinth or at S Falls. Any word yet on accessibility?  I picked up a boat a month ago and  am really wanting to try it out. I am also curious as to what fish can be found in the waters from the Corinth dam up to Luzurne?
  Thanks !

slab daddy 518

« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2013, 12:18 PM »
just a suggestion but maybe try the launch on east river drive in luzerne it is a state launch and should be open much more area to fish.you should be able to catch sm bass lm bass perch pike and possibly walleye to name a few.

Budder

« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2013, 04:12 PM »
Thanks I'll take a run up tomorrow.  There are 3 launches if I'm not mistaken. The large public ramp on the upper reach, the launch behind the post office in town, and Spier Falls, correct?

Eye Hunter

« Reply #9 on: Apr 17, 2013, 05:22 PM »
Thanks I'll take a run up tomorrow.  There are 3 launches if I'm not mistaken. The large public ramp on the upper reach, the launch behind the post office in town, and Spier Falls, correct?
The launch behind the post office was blocked off yesterday. Not much room for parking on a week day. But the docks are in on east river drive. Below the Spier Falls dam there is a launch at the bend in the road down the dirt road behind the parking area. And fishings pretty good in that section of the river. Just a word of caution. If you go up river from the state launch on east river drive under the new bridge on 9N  there are rocks in the area after the river widens once you see the falls.

combsey going to catchem

« Reply #10 on: Apr 17, 2013, 05:29 PM »
Come nextmobth the fishing should pick up.    The section going into luzerne is good up at the rapids by h-l bridge.      Next section is good by below the corinth mill.  And top part of the dam but the best fishing is the lower section right below the dam.     

Budder

« Reply #11 on: Apr 17, 2013, 08:07 PM »
Thanks  everyone for your assistance, I think I'll try the state launch for now seeing as there is more room to maneuver. Not exactly a pro at backing into tight spaces.
 Thanks and good luck to all.

slab daddy 518

« Reply #12 on: Apr 23, 2013, 06:52 PM »
anyone know if the launch has been opened up?

Eye Hunter

« Reply #13 on: Apr 23, 2013, 09:27 PM »
The docks are in and the launch is open, The launch is always open just no docks during winter.

slab daddy 518

« Reply #14 on: Apr 25, 2013, 04:05 PM »
I am refering to the launch on the sharp corner of spier falls rd not east river drive.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.