FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wawasee,Barbee Chain, Webster, Tippy  (Read 2454 times)

fishinpo1e1

Wawasee,Barbee Chain, Webster, Tippy
« on: Jun 19, 2019, 08:23 PM »
We are still catching crappie and gills with eggs in them.
While the crappie have been large 13 to 14 1/2" they still have eggs as of today.
The gills have been mostly males on the beds and a few females with eggs as of today.
Our average size for crappie is amazing although they are fewer in number.
Right now we are getting crappie just on top of sunken weeds, 7' down, slip bobber, 1/32 oz jig with Bobby Garland 1" baits and a live minnow.
The gills are biting anything that moves in the bed area. We are surprised that the gills are still bedding.
A friend told me another lake in the area has freshly spawning gills on the beds. What a screwed up time for the spawn.

Spooled85

Re: Wawasee,Barbee Chain, Webster, Tippy
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2019, 08:56 PM »
Ya but from what I'm finding is Everytime they spawn up hard the temp drops 20 degrees the next day or we get a bunch of cold rain and then boom they are back off the beds . We can't seem to get at least 3 days of consistent weather without worp 1 winds

drine_11

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2019, 07:57 AM »
Fished Wawasee a couple weeks ago almost all day and couldnt find the crappie anywhere.   Was hoping to get into a few keepers, but guess I may have to try elsewhere.

fishinpo1e1

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2019, 10:13 AM »
Fished Wawasee a couple weeks ago almost all day and couldnt find the crappie anywhere.   Was hoping to get into a few keepers, but guess I may have to try elsewhere.
It was last week or so that a conservation officer checked me out on another lake. He said he just came from Wawasee and that they were killing large crappie out from the boat ramp. I never made it there.

Spooled85

« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2019, 01:36 PM »
What's the difference of that too someone who has done good giving a fella at the ramp and tip on a bite ? Jsut because someone tell you there is a hot bite doesn't mean you will catch fish. I've had CO's tell me what boat is doing good and what there using and how far down and still didn't catch fish.  I will shake the hand of any man who is sportsman enough to share info with another fisherman with out anything in return . Granted I'm sure the CO wasn't fishing in this case but sounds to me like he was being Friendly , and this time in age thise kind of people are few and far between....

lovetfish

« Reply #5 on: Jun 20, 2019, 04:14 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping:

fishinpo1e1

« Reply #6 on: Jun 20, 2019, 08:21 PM »
:clapping: :clapping:
I FOUND NO FAULT IN THE CONVERSATION THAT I HAD WITH THIS CONSERVATION OFFICER.
We talked about overfishing, the Amish targeting fish as a gang rape of the resources, checking for violations etc. He was a sociable and pleasant officer to converse with. He approached my boat with courtesy on the opposite side of where I was fishing and as it was calm, he shut down his engine when close. I'm sure he had observed me from across the lake and that he knew by my age that I have a lifetime license. I showed him a couple 14+ " crappie from the livewell that held 8 fish. I would like to think that other conservation enforcement officers would be so kind. I've had my share of negative experiences here in Indiana and in Michigan. This person was a good guy.

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Jun 21, 2019, 03:45 AM »
I have been checked by many c.o.'s on my fishing trips, and never had any issues with any officers. Guess I am blessed.

lovetfish

« Reply #8 on: Jun 21, 2019, 08:24 AM »
I FOUND NO FAULT IN THE CONVERSATION THAT I HAD WITH THIS CONSERVATION OFFICER.
We talked about overfishing, the Amish targeting fish as a gang rape of the resources, checking for violations etc. He was a sociable and pleasant officer to converse with. He approached my boat with courtesy on the opposite side of where I was fishing and as it was calm, he shut down his engine when close. I'm sure he had observed me from across the lake and that he knew by my age that I have a lifetime license. I showed him a couple 14+ " crappie from the livewell that held 8 fish. I would like to think that other conservation enforcement officers would be so kind. I've had my share of negative experiences here in Indiana and in Michigan. This person was a good guy.

The only place I ever had problems with DNR officer was in Wis had my two grandsons with me I see this boat coming across lake on plane as he got closer I told them it looked like the Dnr he waited until the last minute to slow down and actually ran into my boat was a really nice looking fiberglass boat at that time asked all kind of question when couldn't find a problem off he went never a nice day happy you are visiting Wis or anything

staubsaugen

« Reply #9 on: Jun 21, 2019, 04:14 PM »
Fished a lake near the mentioned lakes in subject yesterday with a buddy. Targeted walleye, but only came up with 14-15inchers. Caught some nice bass and a 28" pike. Cleaning fish today found one bass full of eggs!

RoeBoat

« Reply #10 on: Jun 21, 2019, 09:30 PM »
Buddy is still catching gills spawning on one of the lakes above as of today.

Spooled85

« Reply #11 on: Jun 21, 2019, 10:37 PM »
I don't pan for gold here in Wheatfield , so I can't share that info with anyone. I guess I'm just a friendly person who doesn't mind scratching someone back with nothing in return. And I won't lose sleep nor get angry over a CO giving info about fish caught on a PUBLIC water . And I don't think anyone lost any money from what was said either.  And buy the looks of the post on here there  is only about a hand full of people who actually target bass

Spooled85

« Reply #12 on: Jun 22, 2019, 08:23 AM »
I take the out doors very serious I eat sleep and breath hunting and fishing ! I don't need anyone to catch fish or find a honey hole . Guess thats why I don't worry about info being giving out to others . I've never had a problem goin out and finding fish and providing for my family weather it be on the water or in the woods . And not once if I asked for anyone's spot on here . But I have d**n sure giving mine to a random person on here threw a pm . And I'm not worried when I do that , that I'm going to never catch fish again because my spot has Ben giving up . That's the difference between and some people . Some only have a couple spots THEY can catch fish . And some can catch fish where the fish are and not only in one spot SOMEONE has giving them . And btw Jesus had nothing to do with this so keep it that way !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.