MFF US Midwest > Michigan

Soft water has started got some off the wall on st clair river..

(1/2) > >>

boondox:
The soft water bite is going on at the st clair river there were even boats out jigging on the river .. any how ended out with a wite fish and 4 walleye..  the white fish was Givin to me buy a guy I know up there..  he did not want it..  this picture was taken before I left showing only the small walleye... a 14.5 inch fish ..  I got the other three were much larger.. in the 16 to 20 inch range and very fat they were..

taxid:
Gave a Whitefish away? What is wrong with that guy? That is one good eating fish!

boondox:

--- Quote from: taxid on Mar 04, 2018, 08:25 PM ---Gave a Whiteifsh away? What is wrong with that guy? That is one good eating fish!

--- End quote ---

Yup it is a great eating fish.. most guys smoke wite fish and they tend to turn in to a rag packed with fish oil and it make you want to vomit we bake ours afterm getting the fillet we butter fly and stuff and re bread and put on a rack and bake we bread and stuff with bread crumbs Progresso Italian and some onion and garlic power mixed in to crumbs this makes for a drier less fishy fish flavor.. instead of the broiled in butter and lemon with gatlic wich I find totaly discussting to eat.. texture of slimy oil /greasy fish no mater what dry textured fish tastes better..  lol's ..

taxid:
I was at an aquaculture conference in Bayfield, Wisconsin a few years ago and had whitefish at a local restaurant. Was one of the best fish dinners I ever had.

Mac Attack:

--- Quote from: taxid on Mar 05, 2018, 05:23 AM ---I was at an aquaculture conference in Bayfield, Wisconsin a few years ago and had whitefish at a local restaurant. Was one of the best fish dinners I ever had.

--- End quote ---

Are you sure it was freshwater whitefish they were serving and not saltwater whitefish, like cod or haddock?

Just curious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version