FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake maps  (Read 1644 times)

dwaytkus

• Hudson Falls, NY
Lake maps
« on: Jul 12, 2006, 06:53 PM »
There was an article in our local chronicle last week in the outdoor section about this website that offers lake maps.  They look interesting , but was wondering if anyone has these and how good are they?

http://www.utmaps.com
Oh Lord,
There he is.
Feels like a big one.
Please don’t let me lose him.
I’ve never caught one this big before.
I’ll try not to horse him.
And if I land him I promise to release him
And make a graphite replica...
If my wife says it’s okay.
Thank you for the Rapalas.
Amen.

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
Re: Lake maps
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2006, 10:53 PM »
I have the Eastern and western finger lakes discs and I used to have the Lake Ontario disc(cant find that one).
I have gotten alot of use out of them and have shared them with friends that have also gotten good use out of them! Many map types on each disc... something like 8 or more different style maps for each lake!

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2006, 12:16 AM »
I have the discs for Delta lake?Oneida and Oneida Lake.  Useful for learning a lake.  They have, at least on some lakes topo maps of the surrounding area, 3-D computerized diagrams of some structures to help visualize the bottom contours and info like hotspots has (generic what to use when.. info)  Once out on the water I find Hotspot maps and ......drawing a blank here...There is a spiral bound book of fishing maps that cover regions in NY..Sportsman connection or something that is sold at Walmart (and other fine stores  ::)) that is very useful

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2006, 07:51 AM »
Yes...Bwalleye is correct!
The spiral map book is very useful too.
I bought mine at Wal-Mart and it covers most all of the lakes I fish or want to fish.
I mainly bought it for ice fishing but it is good for any fishing, my purpose was so that I can make marks in it!
They have different books for different areas as well! http://www.sportsmansconnection.com/ Click on your state of choice and then your prefered location of choice for the particular book you want!
Also the Sander's fishing guide books are very useful too... http://sandersfishingguides.com/books/default.asp With the combination of both books, your info resources will be pretty well covered. You cant go wrong!

Fishingking

« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2006, 12:23 PM »
the sportsmanconnection books IMO arent that great they have alot of false info in them, are lacking alot of waters in my area and  the maps arent really that detailed or correct either lol but still for 20 bucks it was fun too read.
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2006, 12:36 PM »
if anyone is considering buying any of the michigan lake maps...DONT...the DNR website offers decent(though a tad old) lake maps for free of almost any public and some private water in the state
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #6 on: Jul 13, 2006, 01:57 PM »
the sportsmanconnection books IMO arent that great they have alot of false info in them, are lacking alot of waters in my area and  the maps arent really that detailed or correct either lol but still for 20 bucks it was fun too read.

For $20.00 you are getting just that a generalization that is pretty good... in other words, it will get you there and get you around, but its not going to produce no golden eggs for you!...lol
There are better sources out there if you want to spend major cash!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.