FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 623842 times)

surflizard

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #225 on: Jun 13, 2011, 07:52 PM »
Sharp lookin jigs right there !  :thumbup_smilie:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #226 on: Jun 14, 2011, 02:03 AM »
Is that a pistol case Jay?

Onelastcast,
Happy to help get a new tier started. Won't be long before you're browsing the Sally Hanson nail polish in the cosmetics aisle, cruising the craft stores, the cat will have bald spots, the neighbor will think his dog has mange and the parakeet looks to be in a permanent molt. You'll be coming home from work saying "Look Honey, I found this dead squirrel on the road :w00t:"

It's the never ending search for fly tying materials!

Sharing flies is fishing vicariously Trap. I get a big smile every time.

RG

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #227 on: Jun 14, 2011, 06:14 AM »
When I was in college, one of my professors would buy squirrel tails off me for his fly tying addiction.

OTIS

« Reply #228 on: Jun 14, 2011, 06:56 AM »
Great looking jigs DC!  Getting ready for another trip to Canada?  I sent you my email address, let me know if you need any more heads or whatever.

RG, you hit the nail right on the head!  Its about winding down.  After a 45 minute ride home, it puts me in a better frame of mind.

Below is a picture of my eye dotting sticks.

Surf, I spent some time experimenting last night.   ;D

Whistlers Mother Jig

The laker jig you mentioned

The streamer jig I mentioned (bad pic)

The new jig heads complements of Old Timer

Messing around, a new bober for Lovie

'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

surflizard

« Reply #229 on: Jun 14, 2011, 07:32 AM »
Nice OTIS, I like the flash on the Laker jig, Thats the Stuff !! :thumbup_smilie:  Heads up, PM Inbound !!  ;D

Dark Cloud

« Reply #230 on: Jun 14, 2011, 07:47 AM »
Is that a pistol case Jay?

RG

Yep!  ;D
Best way I have found to keep lots of jig organized. Also keep the tails nice and straight...
I do rip out the standard foam that is in the case and replace it with a heavier duty type foam. I'll send ya a pm later about something I have...

Otis - No canada trip till Aug... Im good on jigs, for now. Whats the weight on the "old timmer" mold?
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

OTIS

« Reply #231 on: Jun 14, 2011, 07:55 AM »
Surf, glad you like them!

DC, I can make 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 ounce in that head.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

surflizard

« Reply #232 on: Jun 14, 2011, 08:13 AM »
What sizes do you have on the fish head jigs ?

OTIS

« Reply #233 on: Jun 14, 2011, 08:21 AM »
What sizes do you have on the fish head jigs?

I can make 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, and 5/8 ounce heads in that style.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #234 on: Jun 14, 2011, 08:53 AM »
Yep!  ;D
Best way I have found to keep lots of jig organized. Also keep the tails nice and straight...
I do rip out the standard foam that is in the case and replace it with a heavier duty type foam. I'll send ya a pm later about something I have...

Otis - No canada trip till Aug... Im good on jigs, for now. Whats the weight on the "old timmer" mold?
Anytime you're in the mood to tie up some 1/8 ball heads (Chartruese head and white hair and wraps with a touch of crystal flash) like you gave me about 8 years ago, I'd be awful receptive :whistling: :whistling:
  I'm old and can't see that good anymore to tie my own......honest  :whistling:  ;D 8)
Plastics are Fantastic !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #235 on: Jun 14, 2011, 04:12 PM »
old ::)
Your a puppy!
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #236 on: Jun 15, 2011, 04:10 AM »
 :whistling: :whistling:   Easy tie, great fish catcher in any size !   Kind of a Maki "Wormi" made with chenille !

A couple paint patterns I use

Plastics are Fantastic !

OTIS

« Reply #237 on: Jun 15, 2011, 06:53 AM »
Gamma, did you buy a mold for those jigheads, or customise one?  I was thinking of taking a drill to one of my molds to retrofit a second eyelet off the back of the head.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #238 on: Jun 15, 2011, 09:37 AM »
Gamma, did you buy a mold for those jigheads, or customise one?  I was thinking of taking a drill to one of my molds to retrofit a second eyelet off the back of the head.
I haven't poured a jig in 15 years !    After all is said and done, It's cheaper and more convenient to have them shipped to your door  ;) ;)
  I had a mold similar to that jig but it burned up in 96 when my house burned up :(
    I buy these.  A little pricey but the quality it top notch !   I've never had one of the stinger loops come loose to date !   ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #239 on: Jun 15, 2011, 10:11 AM »
:whistling: :whistling:   Easy tie, great fish catcher in any size !   Kind of a Maki "Wormi" made with chenille !

A couple paint patterns I use

that chenille "maki" worm is AWESOME........i DONT THINK THERE IS A PANNIE AROUND THAT COULD RESIST THAT :o

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.