FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 623886 times)

KingPerch

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #330 on: Jul 06, 2011, 04:16 PM »
we  can't  talk  about  any  secret  spots   or  we  will  get tossed  outta  the  double  secret  fishermans  club  ...of  course  all  the  bass and  walleyes  tourny  results  are   in the  news  paper  ....  or  ya  can  just  go  where  ya  see alot of  boats  ..... oh  sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!  duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:rotflol: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :w00t: You the man Trap! ;D--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

one last cast

« Reply #331 on: Jul 06, 2011, 06:14 PM »
hey rgfixit i stepped up my game. need to work on the head more but i get the idea. bigger fly also

Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #332 on: Jul 06, 2011, 07:04 PM »
Cool!
Keep at it. Practice makes more flies ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #333 on: Jul 07, 2011, 06:20 AM »
We're gonna test them on Friday. Hope the little fishies like them ;D

RG
Me too!!! I cleaned the line on my rods and i washed down the rods and cleaned the reels!!! So im ready to go!!And I have some "secret weapons" to try out too!!!--KP Jr.
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #334 on: Jul 07, 2011, 06:29 AM »
I've been experimenting agan ::)

RG
What size hooks are those in the mouse patterns?? And those Clouser patterns look familiar
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

OTIS

« Reply #335 on: Jul 07, 2011, 07:06 AM »
Spinning up a couple of these for our trip to Hawaii in another mointh.  Two ounce head with an 8/0 salt hook.  They should work great for catching bait!  ::)

'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #336 on: Jul 07, 2011, 08:34 AM »
What size hooks are those in the mouse patterns?? And those Clouser patterns look familiar
You'll see them up close and personal JR. We can throw a couple together when I get there. I packed up my fly kit to bring with me ;D

We'll tie and test!

See ya later,
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #337 on: Jul 07, 2011, 09:18 AM »
Practice does make perfect, but for some reason my ugliest flies seem to catch the most fish.... go figure
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #338 on: Jul 07, 2011, 11:25 AM »
many  many  years  ago  my  brother  and  i  fly  fished  with  a  older gentleman   name  old  hickery  .....some  will  rember  the   storys  he  would  write   for  area  news  papers  and   i  believe  it  was called  fishfinder  magazine (one  of  the  original  salmon  river   fisherman) anyways   one  day  there  was a   big  hatch on the  beaver  kill  and   anyone  that  has  seen  a  big  hatch there  understands   it's  hard  to  get a  fish to take  your  fly  with billions  floating  down ...  neil ...  aka  old  hickery   takes    is  perfectlt  tied  cahill  and  smashes  it!  hackle  and  wings   bent  ...tosses  it  out  and     ...you know  it   fish on  ....  sometimes  matching is  very inportant   others  a  odd  ball  triggers  the  fish  ......
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #339 on: Jul 07, 2011, 12:04 PM »
Perfect flies catch fly fishers...not necessarily fish. That's why I say "Practice makes more flies"  ;D

RG

trapper2000

« Reply #340 on: Jul 07, 2011, 02:52 PM »
this  is a  simple  yet  effective  mouse  pattern  , great on bass, big  brown  trout  ,pike  wack it  too  ;D

salt water  size  #1  i  think    tail  black or  brown  chennille  or  a  strip of  leather  ...body is  spun  deer  hair  left  long  in the  back   then  cliped  to  form a  head  ...you  can  cut  foam or  leather  for  ears  small  doll  eyes  or  use  a  small  paper  punch  and   cut  some out  of  black  foam    ears  and  eyes  are  super glue  geled  on!    for  whiskers  i  used  some  rubber  leg  material  .....  fun to  ty  

Gamma Fish

« Reply #341 on: Jul 07, 2011, 07:49 PM »
this  is a  simple  yet  effective  mouse  pattern  , great on bass, big  brown  trout  ,pike  wack it  too  ;D

That looks about as much like a mouse as you do a dignitarian ! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

fishhead4268

• Have rod will travel
« Reply #342 on: Jul 07, 2011, 08:45 PM »

salt water  size  #1  i  think    tail  black or  brown  chennille  or  a  strip of  leather  ...body is  spun  deer  hair  left  long  in the  back   then  cliped  to  form a  head  ...you  can  cut  foam or  leather  for  ears  small  doll  eyes  or  use  a  small  paper  punch  and   cut  some out  of  black  foam    ears  and  eyes  are  super glue  geled  on!    for  whiskers  i  used  some  rubber  leg  material  .....  fun to  ty  
Lookin good Trapp!!! :flag:
EAT, SLEEP, FISH, REPEAT.. I FISH THEREFORE I AM!!  In search of Hedy Mogin steelhead & Browns from Black River west to Ohio catch and realease!! Always lookin for panfish for the freezer!!  Take a kid fishing, it will make him smile and you proud your passing on a great sport!!!!

one last cast

« Reply #343 on: Jul 07, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Perfect flies catch fly fishers...not necessarily fish. That's why I say "Practice makes more flies"  ;D

RG
the ugly ones work for me! :blink: :blink: :blink:  not bad for the first smallie on the new 8wt for the rivers.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

trapper2000

« Reply #344 on: Jul 08, 2011, 05:54 AM »
nice  cast!!!!! 

as  summer   slides  on  we  have  a  great  selection  of  new   "bugs"  to   copy  and   make  offerings  to  the  fish  Gods  ...one  that  is  seldom  used  and  i  don't  understand  as  they are  everywhere  and  in great  numbers  is  this  little  fellow  ...the  tent  caterpiller  ....

made  with  a  mustad  9672  streamer  hook  in  size  10  .....  3   slices  of  craft  foam  and  a little  sharpie  marker  work  and  a  pale  ginger  or  any redish  brown  hackle  ...... 

simply  attach  foam  to  hook  (dap  of   super  glue  helps)  segment  body  and  then  wrap  hackle  up  segments   ,little  head  cement  and  yer  done                                                                                                                                                            life  is  goooooooooooood

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.