FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 623822 times)

one last cast

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #465 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:52 PM »

Sorry I missed you in Fulton today. Ate my lunch at the lake on the way home. Nice breeze blowing right in the truck window. I'll catch up with you yet.

RG
does trapper live in fulton?
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #466 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:52 PM »
You're funny Trap.I have so many fly tying sites in my favorites I can barely find the sites where I'm supposed to pay my bills :-\

Sorry I missed you in Fulton today. Ate my lunch at the lake on the way home. Nice breeze blowing right in the truck window. I'll catch up with you yet.

RG

i  had  some  business   ..but  it  turned  out  better  then  i  hoped  ...  thats  my  lake!!!!    were  i  cut  my  teeth  
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #467 on: Aug 02, 2011, 05:53 PM »
does trapper live in fulton?

i  sure   do  well  volney

one last cast

« Reply #468 on: Aug 02, 2011, 06:01 PM »
i  sure   do  well  volney
my inlaws live oustside of fulton,on the oswego river.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

trapper2000

« Reply #469 on: Aug 02, 2011, 06:07 PM »
i   kayak  the  river  A LOT ;D

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #470 on: Aug 02, 2011, 06:50 PM »
You're funny Trap.I have so many fly tying sites in my favorites I can barely find the sites where I'm supposed to pay my bills :-\

RG
crap you were 6 minutes from trapper and less then 10 from me but i was at work still :P ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #471 on: Aug 03, 2011, 11:18 AM »
I was up visiting KP and KPjr the week of the 4th. Haven't been back since. I'd like to hit it  again before the madness starts.

RG
RG, I'm quite certain we can make that happen!!! ;) Let me know!--KP :)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

« Reply #472 on: Aug 03, 2011, 12:55 PM »
hard to  believe   but  the  maddness  will  start  the  end  of  this  month  .....  HT  are  we  ready??????  i  do  believe   i  do  believe    i  do  believe  ....sorry  i  don't  believe  they  hit  beads    but  we   can  drift  em   for  some  legal hook  ups   ;D

surflizard

« Reply #473 on: Aug 03, 2011, 01:00 PM »
  OT Warning !

Quote: MMMMMmmmm!
Turkey burger on toasted Chibatta

Umm Hey RG, you might want to reconsider using the Turkey burger, Huge recall on it on the news last night for Salmonella Poisoning !  :w00t: :unsure:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #474 on: Aug 03, 2011, 01:54 PM »
Thanks for thinking to give me a heads up.
My good friend "The Old man" who owns a restaurant made me aware this morning. I'm waiting to toss what I have frozen until they pinpoint the problem....till then....BEEF! IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER ;D

Or fish :-\

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #475 on: Aug 03, 2011, 05:59 PM »
hard to  believe   but  the  maddness  will  start  the  end  of  this  month  .....  HT  are  we  ready??????  i  do  believe   i  do  believe    i  do  believe  ....sorry  i  don't  believe  they  hit  beads    but  we   can  drift  em   for  some  legal hook  ups   ;D
oh i wont be throwing beads for those mud sharks ealy season but i do have some bright chunks of rubber worms left. the really liked them last year ;D ;D

trapper2000

« Reply #476 on: Aug 04, 2011, 05:41 AM »
i  am  tying  a  special  flyrod   for  those  salmon  this  year   and   special  flies    and  getting  special  glasses  in  case the special  blond  is  back  at  our special creek  HT  ....WHAT  HAPPENS  FISHING  STAYS  FISHING

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #477 on: Aug 04, 2011, 06:40 AM »
Well.....Isn't that special?????

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #478 on: Aug 04, 2011, 03:28 PM »
some asked for instructions for the new bugger. Bear with me seasoned tiers, this is basics.
What you need;

Wrap the hook shank with lead and wrap it down. Notice the ends are tapered a bit.

Tie in a clump of marabou, wrap the thread forward under the marabou and tie down the front. Now wrap the thread back towards the bend tying down the back.

Trim the excess marabou

Select a slip of turkey tail, even the ends a bit . measure to about the same length as the marabou. Tie it in and fold it back tying down the end a second time for strength.

Select and prep a hackle. Tie it in at the bend by the tip.

Dub a good length of thread and wrap it forward. It doesn't need to be too tight.

Palmer the hackle forward and tie it off. Make several wraps of hackle at the head.

Pinch back the hackle and tie it back as below

Split the hackle down the back with your bodkin. Then pull the turkey slip forward and tie it off. Once again, fold it back and tie it off again for strength

Trim the ends of the turkey slip and dub a head. Whip finish. Take a small square of the hook side of a velcro strip and brush out the head and body to make it look "buggy"

WHEW!
There you have it...RG's "Almost A Bugger"

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #479 on: Aug 04, 2011, 03:38 PM »
Nicely done RG! Thanks for sharing....I think I know where I'll be after dinner! I wonder if bass will like those??? :whistling:--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.