FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 623717 times)

one last cast

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #705 on: Oct 26, 2011, 07:55 PM »
hey guy's life has been real busy! but i got a chance to tie up some jig's for the ice, trying something different.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #706 on: Oct 27, 2011, 11:59 AM »
niceeeeeeeeeeee    why  wait  let's   try  them  out  now  ;D

scuds   today   natural  cotontail color   and   dark  olive  ,  small  bead  head   ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #707 on: Oct 27, 2011, 02:52 PM »
Actually, they gifted me some tails last year. Methinks Larry is quite a busy man this time of year and JR is, I'm sure , busy with school and sports.

PM your address again Trap. Did I send you any parrot feathers? And, I still have a battery for you.

RG
Trap, RG hit the nail on the head with his post....KP is buried in work and Jr. has his mind on school and sports! Looks like a trip to the river this weekend is in order! As soon as KP winds down a bit, Jr. And I will be back at the bench! RG, I'm thinking steelhead with those parrot feathers! ;) Take care my friends!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

« Reply #708 on: Oct 27, 2011, 04:00 PM »
Trap, RG hit the nail on the head with his post....KP is buried in work and Jr. has his mind on school and sports! Looks like a trip to the river this weekend is in order! As soon as KP winds down a bit, Jr. And I will be back at the bench! RG, I'm thinking steelhead with those parrot feathers! ;) Take care my friends!--KP 8)

well  you  and  JR  are  missed   ;D  now   get er  done    so  we  can  fish 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #709 on: Oct 27, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Hang in there Larry. You're not the only one feeling the "fall rush" to get jobs done. I'm buried. But as I drive around the world, I can't help but notice that things could be worse!

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #710 on: Oct 27, 2011, 08:34 PM »
i'm  thinking  .....heavy  clousers   for  fall  walleyes ???

trapper2000

« Reply #711 on: Oct 28, 2011, 03:51 AM »
with  the  fall  walleye  bite   on    i  have  decided   to  try  to  acyually    use  the  fly  rod  on  these    fish  , now  i  have  caught  walleyes  on  the  fly  before  but  it's  always  been  a  accident  or  bonus  fish....  i'm  actually  going  to target  them  with  the  fly  rod  (suggestions  would  be  appericated)  i'm  going  to  try  some  heavy  clousers  and   same     streamers  tyed sand  ell (bob  popvich)  style ...i  have  had  good  luck  with  those  on  browns  steelies  pike  and  bass ....if  a  j-7  blue  and  silver  rapala  works    a  blue  or  olive  sand   eel  should   too(my  logic) were  going  to  give  this  a  shot   and  see  what  happens  .... ;D

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #712 on: Oct 28, 2011, 04:12 AM »

I remember back when I was  younger man I used to fish Caughdnoy dam alot for catfish and below the marina's release this old fart with a fly rod used to get eyes on whooly buggers and micky fins . There was current there and he used to strip em across . Never set the world on fire as I recall but he did enjoy himself ! Good luck Trapp  ;D

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #713 on: Oct 28, 2011, 10:07 AM »
i'm  thinking  .....heavy  clousers   for  fall  walleyes ???

heavy lead eye clousers, cone head buggers and cone head zonkers.

trapper2000

« Reply #714 on: Oct 28, 2011, 11:13 AM »
GOT  EM ON THE  LIST  NOW  !  THANKS

trapper2000

« Reply #715 on: Oct 28, 2011, 02:10 PM »
this  is  what  i  got  so  far  several surf  candy  type  epoxy  streamers  i  have  had  great  luck  on  browns  and  smallie  with  these ...especially  in  olive  .... i  wonder  if  it  appears  as  a  gobie   to  the  fish????  heavy   clousers   ...i  use  these  alot  in  the  river  and   lake   for  bass  ....  and   a  smaller   full  buck  tail  ....

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #716 on: Oct 28, 2011, 03:14 PM »
my steelie/salmon box

trapper2000

« Reply #717 on: Oct 28, 2011, 03:40 PM »
nice  man

this  is  my box  i   carry  in  my  breast  pocket  has  a  mix  in  it

i  carry  these   two   boxes   a  mix  of  chenielle  eztaz  and  fleas

i  preach  nymphs   and  i   do  carry  them   wolly  worms   stone   flies  pheasant tails and  hares   ears ....

this  is  a  bead   box  i  got  out  of  the  craft  dept  at  wal-mart!  it  was  under  10   bucks   water  tight   fits   lotsa  and  lots  of  flys  and  tucks  away   in  the  back  of  my  vest  or  in  the  kayak

lets   go   do  some  fish ;D

and  bigred   did  you  loss  a  box  at  oswego  last  year? 

KingPerch

« Reply #718 on: Oct 28, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Hang in there Larry. You're not the only one feeling the "fall rush" to get jobs done. I'm buried. But as I drive around the world, I can't help but notice that things could be worse!

RG
I'm hanging RG...Thanks! Gonna be hectic until the 1st of the year, Seems as though the company we are working for, decided to wait until now to do two stores back to back. Which we were supposed to start this past June! :cookoo: Oh well....things could be worse!! ;D

Trap, when you figure out that walleye on the fly, wow, that sounds cool, WALLEYE ON THE FLY,  better take time to show Jr. how to do it! When the FALL MADNESS ends..we will fish!! ;)  Life is GOOD!!--KP 8) Take care friends!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Dark Cloud

« Reply #719 on: Oct 28, 2011, 06:09 PM »
Used to intentionally catch eyes on Oneida w the flyrod back in the day. Most of the time it was when I knew there were solid numbers of fish around or you could see non biters. The non biters were caught by letting a non weighted clouser type fly slowly sink in front of them. Tank and I did well one spring night doing this. We took turns holding the light on the fish while the other casted.  ;D
If your fishing for em at night on O, there is no need for weighted flies...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.